PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood-your favorite movie he's done

spaedonex
03-24-2005, 03:58 AM
Favorite Clint Eastwood movie(as director and/or actor) is.......

Manfred
03-24-2005, 08:05 AM
The Good the Bad and the ugly.

One of the greatest films ever made. The pinacle of the spagetti westerns.
Any film that doesn't have a word of dialog for the first fiteen minutes and yet still holds your attention is a victory in itself.

Unforgiven and dirty harry are also damn good.

kimura
03-24-2005, 09:42 AM
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is a great movie, but not one of Clint's better performances... In my opinion, Tuco (Eli Wallach) steals the show in this one. I'm not really sure in which of his roles he's been at his best, but I felt he did an awesome job in Million Dollar Baby, and it would have been perfect if he got the nod for best actor. It was a great performance. I think Mystic River might be the best movie he ever directed, I liked that one a lot (what a cast).

spaedonex
03-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I really like Mystic River, also. I like "Play Misty for Me" a lot. "the Unforgiven" was an all time great western. With age he has even gotten better and better through the years.....story, story, story makes for the start of great movies. To many special effects take away from the substance of movies from many other directors today for the most part.

cumthedestroyer
03-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Unforgiven...

themachine
03-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Unforgiven...

Ditto x10. Unforgiven was a fantastic movie. I also liked In the Line of Fire and Heartbreak Ridge.

kimura
03-24-2005, 12:17 PM
I was sadly disappointed with Heartbreak Ridge when it came out - because I didn't notice it was supposed to be a comedy.

WEREWOLF
03-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Eastwood has been in so many great films. My personal favorites are:

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

For a Few Dollars More

High Plains Drifter

Thunder Bolt and Lightfoot

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Cbear
03-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Outlaw Josey Wales is my fav. Clints interaction with Chief Dan George is great and the funny thing is that George couldn't remember his lines or see cue cards so most of the dialogue was just him speaking what he thought.

Cbear
03-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Anyone see Clint in the little seen movie, "The Beguiled"? I think thats the correct name. He plays an injured civil war soldier holed up in a girls boarding school and they cut off his leg to keep him from leaving them. Been years since Ive seen that one so my description is probably not the best but it was a creepy little movie especially at the end.

themachine
03-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Anyone see Clint in the little seen movie, "The Beguiled"? I think thats the correct name. He plays an injured civil war soldier holed up in a girls boarding school and they cut off his leg to keep him from leaving them. Been years since Ive seen that one so my description is probably not the best but it was a creepy little movie especially at the end.

Looks interesting. I will have to look for that one at the movie store.
Beguiled (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066819/)

WEREWOLF
03-24-2005, 06:11 PM

I remember seeing that one many years ago. I don't remember all the plot details but I do remember it was a very good movie.

Iron Maiden
03-24-2005, 06:15 PM
I've always been partial to "The Outlaw Josey Wales" personally...."The Good,The Bad,The Ugly" second to that.

PREDATOR
03-25-2005, 01:47 AM
UNforgiven was a classic. Mystic river was great. I dont really remember how the The Outlaw Josey Wales went, but i remember liking it. Ill have to watch this one again.

DOnt forget his latest hit million dollar baby.

spaedonex
03-25-2005, 03:21 AM
I read that "the Beguiled" was one of his own favorites to be in, I remember seeing it years ago and it was a good trip.

Shammy
03-25-2005, 03:23 AM
I kind of dig Play Misty for Me and The Eiger Sanction, but my favorites are probably Unforgiven (director) and Million Dollar Baby (actor).

spaedonex
03-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Do you remember "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" with a young Jeff Bridges and a mean George Kennedy. Muscle car days.

Cbear
03-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Eiger Sanction was a another good one. That scene of Kennedy and Eastwood on top of the spire drinking beer was cool. Today that would be cgi as few stars would actually risk their lives with just a tether rope up that high.

Back in the spaghetti western days, Clint actually training if fast draw shooting under one of the hollywood fast draw experts. The gun holster rig was actually a speed holster with metal insert bands to very loosely hold the gun and its canted slightly to the rear to speed getting the barrel up. Real old west gun rigs are not like the hollywood rigs for the most part. Outlaw Josey Wales did a good job with gun leather. The Roy Rogers type rigs were totally bunk.

makavelli
03-25-2005, 06:33 PM
the Bridges of Madison County because Clint looked so damn sexy in that one.

f2rc
03-25-2005, 07:01 PM
"Beguiled" was great. very cool psycho drama. Clint Fans, i heard on the radio they're making a Dirty Harry video game for PS2, with Eastwood's likeness and voice for the main character.

My favorite Clint movie was "In the Line of Fire". Malkovitch was incredible as the villan.

What's the one where the guy's trying to sell Clint an elixer? you know that one? where the guys like "and it cures this and it does that..." and Clint spits a big brown splatter of chew on the guy's shirt and says in that gravelly voice: "How is it with stains?" saw it long ago, always wanted to see it again....

Madcap
10-12-2006, 01:17 AM
"Beguiled" was great. very cool psycho drama. Clint Fans, i heard on the radio they're making a Dirty Harry video game for PS2, with Eastwood's likeness and voice for the main character.

My favorite Clint movie was "In the Line of Fire". Malkovitch was incredible as the villan.

What's the one where the guy's trying to sell Clint an elixer? you know that one? where the guys like "and it cures this and it does that..." and Clint spits a big brown splatter of chew on the guy's shirt and says in that gravelly voice: "How is it with stains?" saw it long ago, always wanted to see it again....

That was Outlaw Josey Wales......a fine character.

My top 5 are:

1. Mystic River
2. Good, Bad, and Ugly
3. Unforgiven
4. Josey Wales
5. Beguiled

WI Crippler
10-12-2006, 04:56 PM
My fav is Unforgiven. there are so many great lines in that movie me and my drunk ass friends would sit up and laugh at at 3 in the morning, after we finished playing darts, dice, strip poker if there were willing women, and a game known as penny vent, which can only be enjoyed in an annebriated state. ah memories.
Anyway Unforgiven is my fav. I love the charecters in the movie, and the fact Clint teaches us all a lesson about how drinking and firearms isn't always such a bad thing.

tripwire
10-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I am a HUGE spagetti western freak.

Outlaw Josey Whales was at the top of my list.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly was my favorite wester of all time the two supporting actors made the movie, not clint.

On a side note the best spagetti western comedies of all time are the Trinity movies. The first two anyway. They Call me Trinity and Trinity is still my name. If you haven't seen them and like spagetti westerns, definately get these two, they are classics.

kimura
10-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Outlaws Josey Wales isn't exactly a spaghetti western, but still a great movie and probably one of the best Clint's done. Here's my top five movies with Clint:
1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
2. For a Few Dollars More
3. Dirty Harry
4. Outlaw Josey Wales
5. Million Dollar Baby

+ Unforgiven, which I just haven't seen in a long time so it was hard to rank.

dogofwar
10-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I go w/ all the Man w/ No Name series, Josey Wales, Unforgiven, Clint has just made some great ****ing movies.

Cbear
10-14-2006, 06:14 PM
I am a HUGE spagetti western freak.

Outlaw Josey Whales was at the top of my list.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly was my favorite wester of all time the two supporting actors made the movie, not clint.

On a side note the best spagetti western comedies of all time are the Trinity movies. The first two anyway. They Call me Trinity and Trinity is still my name. If you haven't seen them and like spagetti westerns, definately get these two, they are classics.

I too am a fan of these, though I wouldn't exactly call them classics, but they are fun. There is a Trinity movie thats not part of the series and is actually a good flick. "My Name is Nobody" stars Henry Fonda as an aging gunfighter (Jack Beauregard) who wants to survive to fade off into the sunset. Unfortunately for him, Terrance Hill has a serious case of idol worship and wants to see him go out in a blaze of glory as the greatest gunfighter of all time. Hill is also a gunfighter, doing the Trinity gimmick. There is humor in all of this but somebody didn't tell Fonda it was a joke movie and he gives a pretty good performance. Hill engineers a final showdown with Beauregard on foot with his rifle against 50 armed gunfighters--and its good.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070215/

Cbear
10-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Clint did Unforgiven basically as as way to pull the plug on the fantasy of his spaghetti western character and show the blood, guts and reality of killers. It was a revisionist western where nobody wins. I wonder if he will ever do something similar with the cop genre and renounce Dirty Harry.... I caught a bit of Eastwood yesterday on Inside the Actors studio and they talked of his directing style: quiet and fast. He said he learned a big lesson from working with the Organgatan in the Clyde series. Due to its short attention span you had to do everything in one take and the crew had to be quiet. Clint learned a trick to call action by simply twirling his finger and the crew pays attention. He adopted that and keeps it quiet and fast to this day when he directs.

Madcap
10-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I too am a fan of these, though I wouldn't exactly call them classics, but they are fun. There is a Trinity movie thats not part of the series and is actually a good flick. "My Name is Nobody" stars Henry Fonda as an aging gunfighter (Jack Beauregard) who wants to survive to fade off into the sunset. Unfortunately for him, Terrance Hill has a serious case of idol worship and wants to see him go out in a blaze of glory as the greatest gunfighter of all time. Hill is also a gunfighter, doing the Trinity gimmick. There is humor in all of this but somebody didn't tell Fonda it was a joke movie and he gives a pretty good performance. Hill engineers a final showdown with Beauregard on foot with his rifle against 50 armed gunfighters--and its good.
That was a suprisingly pleasing sit for me. I enjoyed the theme music as well. :cool:

don king
10-14-2006, 11:28 PM

I saw Nobody before the Trinities, and I've never seen it since. I watched Trinity again just a few months ago and laughed my ass off, more at Bud Spencer than Terrence Hill. I actually laughed out loud a few times while watching the movie by myself, which doesn't happen often.

I'd love to see Nobody again ... hopefully I'll catch it latenight someday on a network not owned by Ted Turner ... or if Ted plays it I could always record it on a series of DVD's and edit out the 3 days worth of commercials, possibly resulting in some enjoyment.