Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 174 of 258 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2573

Jack White - Blunderbuss - I f*cking hate Jack White with a passion. I hate everything about him. I hate the way he looks. I hate the way he pretentiously tries so desperately to be "different". Mostly I just hate his music. The White Stripes are the single most overrated, untalented hack ass band I've ever heard. To be fair I tried Dead Weather and The Raconteurs (or whatever the f*ck they're called) - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. So why did I buy this album? I really don't know. It was on sale and I was bored with everything in my car. Wanna know what's even more bizarre than me buying Blunderbuss? I absolutely love this album! It's my favorite record of 2012 (thus far anyway). Every song is awesome, and every day I have a different favorite. Today it's Hypocritical Kiss. I was so blown away that I went back and tried the White Stripes again - yep, I was right the first time. I love this album so much that I thought maybe I liked Jack after all. Then I read a pretentious interview in Guitar World, and I remembered why I want to curb stomp him. I'm so pissed that I like this record that I know want to punch myself in the face.

Norah Jones - ...Little Broken Hearts - Another album I wouldn't normally buy, but I do like her voice and she sexy as sh!t on the cover. So far I'm digging it. Far removed from the jazzy vibe of her earlier work this one is pretty mellow and a bit over produced, but a solid offering nonetheless.

Gotye - Making Mirrors I had no idea who this is, but my wife asked me to buy it. Apparently one of these tunes is blowing up on the radio, but I avoid the radio like the plague (the radio is for mouth breathers who wouldn't know an original thought if it crawled up and kicked them in the twat). I actually like most of it. A few tracks are beyond lame, but alot of it reminds me of Peter Gabriel with a hint of Sting. Kind of cool.

Neon Trees - Picture Show - I have no idea who these guys are either, but it was $10 and I liked the album cover (I've always gambled on albums with solid artwork). I guess I'd call it pop punk in spots, but mostly it reminds me of the band Tinted Windows (who I like quite a bit). It's got a fun, 80's pop vibe that's good to listen to in the car.

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain - This album may very well grow on me, but at first spin it sounds kind of tired. Personally I think Manson needs to make amends with John 5 instead of recording with Johnny Depp (yes, that one). I'm not ready to give up on it, but I was expecting a bit more.

Joe Satriani - Satchurated: Live in Montreal - Yet another live album from Satch, but he take just enough liberties with his classic tunes to make it a worthwhile addition to any Satch fan's collection. The 3D Blu Ray is a nice companion as well.

Buckethead - Empty Space - Buckethead does something extremely cool, which is to offer up an exclusive CD that can only be purchased at his live show. I've only been fortunate enough to have seen him twice, but both discs are far from throw aways. Empty Space is a pretty eclectic mix of tunes (even by his standards), but most of them are melodic and rock out. It's worth checking eBay for.

Buckethead - Electric Sea - The most beautiful Buckethead album since Shadows Between the Sky. I rocked my son to sleep to Buckethead's Colma every night from the time he was born until he was a few years old. It's probably the most meaningful album I own. Just in time for my new son (or daughter I guess) he gives me Electric Sea. I know what I'll be listening to every night for the next few years.

I'm sure someone will be after my metal cred after reading some of these, but besides the new Overkill album I haven't be blown away by any metal bands lately. And with the exception of the new Tenacious D and Rush albums there's nothing I'm all that excited about on the horizon so I guess I'll just keep gambling on stuff I've never heard of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ha, Jack White is not pretentious at all.
    He is just a legitimate ****ing weirdo.

That said, if you like his new album, there is no reason you shouldn't like the rest of his catalogue. Blunderbuss pretty much sums up all his other musical outfits on one album. At least try the second Raconteurs album.
    Last edited by Onion; 05-02-2012 at 06:42 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also Shammy, yeah Gotye is a pretty solid album.
    The big single, Somebody I Used to Know, blew up; but the album is so much more than that.

Neon trees aren't too bad either. Their first album is pretty good. Saw them at Roo last year, and they weren't too bad. I was curious about the new album, as I kinda got the sense that they were the type of band that would totally switch their sound to a much more poppy, radiofriendly sound for their second album, in order to hop on the success of their single, Animal, a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Ha, Jack White is not pretentious at all.
    He is just a legitimate ****ing weirdo.

That said, if you like his new album, there is no reason you shouldn't like the rest of his catalogue. Blunderbuss pretty much sums up all his other musical outfits on one album. At least try the second Raconteurs album.
    I heard him covering the old Rudy Toombs song "I'm Shakin'" off his new album the other day on satellite radio and it reminded me of the production/guitar work he did last year with Wanda Jackson on "Shakin' All Over".

Wanda Jackson's in her 70's now and Jack turned on a whole new generation to her music much like he did by working with Loretta Lynn a few years ago.
    He's got a heart as big as Tito's f*cking head.

Based on his live show last weekend, I picked up a handful of Phil Pritchetts cds: Cool and Unusual Punishment Live, Blueprint Garage 2, Blueprint Garage 3, Phil Comes Alive, Tougher than the Rest. Phils recorded music just doesnt live up to his humor and demeanor at live shows. Music is ok, shows are a hell of alot better.

Todd Snider- Time as We Know it. This is Todds tribute to his musical hero and legend of Texas music, Jerry Jeff Walker. Toddy definitely treats the songs with the upmost reverence and does not **** them up. Some he changes around a little and some he does just like Jerry Jeff did. It wasnt really needed since the original stuff is iconic but its a good cd for the truck.

7. Default

I know a lot of you don't like Hip-Hop/Rap/whatever else it's called these days, but I just bought Blu and Exile: Below the Heavens and this album is worth checking out even if you hate this ****.
    Most of these songs are pretty soulful and Blu puts together some clever rhymes while remaining just humble enough that you don't hate him at the end of each song.

My nephew told me about this album a while back but I was so sick of most hip-hop that I didn't even give it a chance until recently and I am glad I finally did.

This is one of the songs I like most, I think because of the very end part =]

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    Jack White - Blunderbuss - I f*cking hate Jack White with a passion. I hate everything about him. I hate the way he looks. I hate the way he pretentiously tries so desperately to be "different". Mostly I just hate his music. The White Stripes are the single most overrated, untalented hack ass band I've ever heard. To be fair I tried Dead Weather and The Raconteurs (or whatever the f*ck they're called) - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. So why did I buy this album? I really don't know. It was on sale and I was bored with everything in my car. Wanna know what's even more bizarre than me buying Blunderbuss? I absolutely love this album! It's my favorite record of 2012 (thus far anyway). Every song is awesome, and every day I have a different favorite. Today it's Hypocritical Kiss. I was so blown away that I went back and tried the White Stripes again - yep, I was right the first time. I love this album so much that I thought maybe I liked Jack after all. Then I read a pretentious interview in Guitar World, and I remembered why I want to curb stomp him. I'm so pissed that I like this record that I know want to punch myself in the face.
    Haha, I totally feel you on Jack White. I don't hate him with a passion, but I'm mostly indifferent to him and the White Stripes and don't get what all the fuss is about. I'll go download the album now though, since I consider that a pretty ringing endorsement.

Gotye - Making Mirrors I had no idea who this is, but my wife asked me to buy it. Apparently one of these tunes is blowing up on the radio, but I avoid the radio like the plague (the radio is for mouth breathers who wouldn't know an original thought if it crawled up and kicked them in the twat). I actually like most of it. A few tracks are beyond lame, but alot of it reminds me of Peter Gabriel with a hint of Sting. Kind of cool.
    Knowing your taste in music I'm surprised you can dig on Gotye. That's another big endorsement, so I just downloaded it. Somebody I Used to Know is a great song.

I'm sure someone will be after my metal cred after reading some of these, but besides the new Overkill album I haven't be blown away by any metal bands lately. And with the exception of the new Tenacious D and Rush albums there's nothing I'm all that excited about on the horizon so I guess I'll just keep gambling on stuff I've never heard of.
    Your metal cred definitely just took a hit, but I'm happy to see some recommendations that aren't bands named Bloody Goat Murdering Whore Fisting Monsters. It just means that much more when you suggest mellow bands. Definitely excited about Tenacious D, too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TadMcCowski View Post
    Your metal cred definitely just took a hit, but I'm happy to see some recommendations that aren't bands named Bloody Goat Murdering Whore Fisting Monsters. It just means that much more when you suggest mellow bands. Definitely excited about Tenacious D, too, though.
    I've actually got very eclectic musical taste, but I generally save myself the aggravation of listening to my closed minded metal head friends and keep the mellow stuff to myself. In the last few years I've really grown an affinity for folky, singer/songwriter stuff (the more melancholy the better). At the moment one of my favorite artists is a guy by the name of Andrew Belle, who sounds a bit like Chris Martin from Coldplay (another band I love).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymJvCqECR44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d992LR_uNM

All that said, Bloody Goat Murdering Whore Fisting Monsters sounds awesome!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2o1jM5SfUY

I've actually got very eclectic musical taste, but I generally save myself the aggravation of listening to my closed minded metal head friends and keep the mellow stuff to myself. In the last few years I've really grown an affinity for folky, singer/songwriter stuff (the more melancholy the better).
    Try something like Gravenhurst maybe. Fires In Distant Buildings is one of my favourite albums ever. Or, Adam Franklin. For something less dark, maybe try Neil Halstead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRULcvfvuFg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-bQBlZgU8g
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.