Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 175 of 262 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2620

I could get into some Adam Franklin (I feel bad for him in that clip trying to deliver a meaningful tune to a room full of noisy cunts that aren't even paying attention to him). I found a Gravenhurst tune called Song Among the Pines that sounds like Opeth. Not sure I'm feeling the vocalist, but the vibe is right. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    Jack White - Blunderbuss - I f*cking hate Jack White with a passion. I hate everything about him. I hate the way he looks. I hate the way he pretentiously tries so desperately to be "different". Mostly I just hate his music. The White Stripes are the single most overrated, untalented hack ass band I've ever heard. To be fair I tried Dead Weather and The Raconteurs (or whatever the f*ck they're called) - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. So why did I buy this album? I really don't know. It was on sale and I was bored with everything in my car. Wanna know what's even more bizarre than me buying Blunderbuss? I absolutely love this album! It's my favorite record of 2012 (thus far anyway). Every song is awesome, and every day I have a different favorite. Today it's Hypocritical Kiss. I was so blown away that I went back and tried the White Stripes again - yep, I was right the first time. I love this album so much that I thought maybe I liked Jack after all. Then I read a pretentious interview in Guitar World, and I remembered why I want to curb stomp him. I'm so pissed that I like this record that I know want to punch myself in the face.

Norah Jones - ...Little Broken Hearts - Another album I wouldn't normally buy, but I do like her voice and she sexy as sh!t on the cover. So far I'm digging it. Far removed from the jazzy vibe of her earlier work this one is pretty mellow and a bit over produced, but a solid offering nonetheless.

Gotye - Making Mirrors I had no idea who this is, but my wife asked me to buy it. Apparently one of these tunes is blowing up on the radio, but I avoid the radio like the plague (the radio is for mouth breathers who wouldn't know an original thought if it crawled up and kicked them in the twat). I actually like most of it. A few tracks are beyond lame, but alot of it reminds me of Peter Gabriel with a hint of Sting. Kind of cool.

Neon Trees - Picture Show - I have no idea who these guys are either, but it was $10 and I liked the album cover (I've always gambled on albums with solid artwork). I guess I'd call it pop punk in spots, but mostly it reminds me of the band Tinted Windows (who I like quite a bit). It's got a fun, 80's pop vibe that's good to listen to in the car.

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain - This album may very well grow on me, but at first spin it sounds kind of tired. Personally I think Manson needs to make amends with John 5 instead of recording with Johnny Depp (yes, that one). I'm not ready to give up on it, but I was expecting a bit more.

Joe Satriani - Satchurated: Live in Montreal - Yet another live album from Satch, but he take just enough liberties with his classic tunes to make it a worthwhile addition to any Satch fan's collection. The 3D Blu Ray is a nice companion as well.

Buckethead - Empty Space - Buckethead does something extremely cool, which is to offer up an exclusive CD that can only be purchased at his live show. I've only been fortunate enough to have seen him twice, but both discs are far from throw aways. Empty Space is a pretty eclectic mix of tunes (even by his standards), but most of them are melodic and rock out. It's worth checking eBay for.

Buckethead - Electric Sea - The most beautiful Buckethead album since Shadows Between the Sky. I rocked my son to sleep to Buckethead's Colma every night from the time he was born until he was a few years old. It's probably the most meaningful album I own. Just in time for my new son (or daughter I guess) he gives me Electric Sea. I know what I'll be listening to every night for the next few years.

I'm sure someone will be after my metal cred after reading some of these, but besides the new Overkill album I haven't be blown away by any metal bands lately. And with the exception of the new Tenacious D and Rush albums there's nothing I'm all that excited about on the horizon so I guess I'll just keep gambling on stuff I've never heard of.
    I was going to pick up the new Manson album but then saw the cover and said fu<k it. His last couple of releases were so bad I've given up on him.

Glad to see you've finally come around on Jack White. I know you're still down on the White Stripes but give White Blood Cells a chance. It's a fantastic album.

Have you picked up the new Fastway release?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WEREWOLF View Post
    I was going to pick up the new Manson album but then saw the cover and said fu<k it. His last couple of releases were so bad I've given up on him.

Glad to see you've finally come around on Jack White. I know you're still down on the White Stripes but give White Blood Cells a chance. It's a fantastic album.

Eddie is still around? Havent heard his name mentioned in years.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Eddie is still around? Havent heard his name mentioned in years.
    Yep, Fast Eddie is still around and the new Fastway disc is getting good reviews. I'm gonna put one on order.

^^New Fastway?! I had no idea. I'll be on the lookout for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Ha, Jack White is not pretentious at all.
    He is just a legitimate ****ing weirdo.

That said, if you like his new album, there is no reason you shouldn't like the rest of his catalogue. Blunderbuss pretty much sums up all his other musical outfits on one album. At least try the second Raconteurs album.
    This exactly... I live in Metro-Detroit, about 25 (highway) minutes away from the City of Deroit. One of my old buddies, who fights MMA incidently, turned emo around the time we graduated in 2004 and got really into the music scene. He was actually banging Meg White around 2005, right around the release of Get Behind Me Satan. So I actually got to party with Jack and Meg 4 times, and i can verify to the fullest that Jack is about as out there, as out there gets. Hes like a real life Tim Burton movie character.

That being said, i cant imagine how you can love this latest solo effort and have no admiration for The White Stripes?? It has to be the hype that turns out to be stripped down garage rock that turns you off? Id have preferred that he skipped The Dead Weather and went right into this solo stuff myself... Definately a good album. To me, everything the guy does is damn good actually

I've been going over the entire body of work the last few days, and while there are hints of everything that makes Blunderbuss an exceptional album in much of it there isn't anything else in his catalog that I ever need to hear again. The one exception actually might be the second Dead Weather album, which I actually enjoy (but really only the tracks that feature his vocals). I actually find The White Stripes the least interesting thing he's done, and try as I might I'll never understand the appeal of that nonsense. That people compare them to the Black Keys (who put out three fantastic albums before transitioning into marginally interesting alt rock) completely befuddles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    I've been going over the entire body of work the last few days, and while there are hints of everything that makes Blunderbuss an exceptional album in much of it there isn't anything else in his catalog that I ever need to hear again. The one exception actually might be the second Dead Weather album, which I actually enjoy (but really only the tracks that feature his vocals). I actually find The White Stripes the least interesting thing he's done, and try as I might I'll never understand the appeal of that nonsense. That people compare them to the Black Keys (who put out three fantastic albums before transitioning into marginally interesting alt rock) completely befuddles me.
    Those comparisons are from people who can't see beyond the fact they are both 2-piece bands with drummer and guitarist.

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    This exactly... I live in Metro-Detroit, about 25 (highway) minutes away from the City of Deroit. One of my old buddies, who fights MMA incidently, turned emo around the time we graduated in 2004 and got really into the music scene. He was actually banging Meg White around 2005, right around the release of Get Behind Me Satan. So I actually got to party with Jack and Meg 4 times, and i can verify to the fullest that Jack is about as out there, as out there gets. Hes like a real life Tim Burton movie character.

That being said, i cant imagine how you can love this latest solo effort and have no admiration for The White Stripes?? It has to be the hype that turns out to be stripped down garage rock that turns you off? Id have preferred that he skipped The Dead Weather and went right into this solo stuff myself... Definately a good album. To me, everything the guy does is damn good actually
    Details please? Your friend didn't happen to make that video with Meg that was floating around some years ago?

Jack White is the most talented albino since Edgar Winter.

Details please? Your friend didn't happen to make that video with Meg that was floating around some years ago?
    Baha... I have never actually heard of a Meg sex vid floating around. But i can guarantee you that its not of my friend. I had partied with them in downtown Detroit in a basement of a rock joint where local bands have it out on the weekends. My friend had it in good with Meg, and was sticking it to her so he was glued to her hip all night.. I just kind of had to keep my head down and fit in. As far as Jack... Never met him, or even got very close to him to be honest. He had the same girl with him all 4 times we went. He was massively f*cked up everytime. One of the nights he would turn over to this chick and lick the side of her face from jawline up to about her eye... As an example of weirdness lol