Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 194 of 258 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2577
    WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearExorcist View Post
    Cirith Ungol-Servants of Chaos 2xCD + DVD

A compilation of unreleased recordings and material from 1979-1985 originally released in 2001, but now released again with a DVD of live material from '84. I am yet to watch the DVD, but for any fan of the band or true Heavy Metal in general this is a must
    Hell yeah! I picked this up when it was originally released without the DVD. I will now reorder it for the DVD. Cirith Ungol is one of the great unsung bands from the golden age of metal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dave Matthews Band - Away From The World : Couldnt pass this up at Best Buy during black friday weekend for just $5.99.. I wasnt huge on their highly acclaimed 2009 release, and this album has the same sort of artwork so i thought maybe this was just an extension of the New Orleans vibe they hit on with GrooGrux King. I was pleasantly surprised to hear theyve taken a step back to their roots more so, while still touching no the new found success/sound of their last release. Its nothing mind blowing, but its never a bad thing to hear DMB resembling themselves and the masterpieces they put out in the 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kww33eLc6Cs

Loved DMB in university. It seemed like a prerequisite to getting laid back then.

Of all the shows I have been to, I can't believe I still haven't caught them live. The one year I had to miss Roo, they played of course, lol. Still near the top of my list of who I want to see. I haven't really listened to them though since I Did It (forget the album, but it was great)

That said, I have the new album, but haven't given it much of a listen yet. I consider DMB to be great background music that you don't really have to focus on listening to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dave Mathews Band.....wtf? Did you guys pick up any Adele or Yanni too?

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Dave Mathews Band.....wtf? Did you guys pick up any Adele or Yanni too?
    Doubt it. Adele and Yanni are both vastly more talented than that hack.

Adele is fat and sings the same depressing song over and over again. Yanni on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    Doubt it. Adele and Yanni are both vastly more talented than that hack.
    I agree. Dave is a ****ty guitar player, boring songs and the hipsters liked him back in the day.... Thus i dislike him.

I think if you're accusing hipsters of liking Dave Matthews, you aren't quite sure what a hipster is.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think if you're accusing hipsters of liking Dave Matthews, you aren't quite sure what a hipster is.
    Pretentious fart sniffers. For instance mumford is hot with ghe puds right now. They suck and arent authentic at all but get praised. Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Haha, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Pretentious fart sniffers. For instance mumford is hot with ghe puds right now. They suck and arent authentic at all but get praised. Bleh
    Mumford get no praise from the Hipsters......at all.

Chicks are what make Mumford huge. Much like DMB. Chicks love him, so guys play his music, hoping to get laid. DMB is college music. You can't walk through a dorm without hearing someone blasting some Dave.

Also, Shammy calling him a hack is weird. Not sure how that is the case at all.
    And because he's a "****ty guitar player", according to CBear, that makes him ****?

Dude makes very original music (which has been copied be so many since). His music is nice to listen too, catchy, and his live shows are supposed to be great if you are a jam fan.

I never understand the hate for genuine musicians.