Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 197 of 258 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    I also bought this on amazon recently. Listened to it on the way to work, and on the way back.. And its easily my least favorite by them. I was skeptical of their 3rd release Infinite Arms after hearing that they had brought in the 2 additional members from the live band as full time/permanent additions, but was pleasantly surprised upon hearing it. But with this one, im struggling to find that signature sound they developed in the mid-millenium. Just seems very generic. Not ready to write it off as a disappointment yet, so hopefully it grows on me..
    I completely agree. Im have all their albums and have enjoyed them all, but this one is hard to get in to. The late 60's early 70's rock thing is so front and center on this album, and the songwriting just doesn't seem up to par.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonrock View Post
    I completely agree. Im have all their albums and have enjoyed them all, but this one is hard to get in to. The late 60's early 70's rock thing is so front and center on this album, and the songwriting just doesn't seem up to par.
    Exactly..!!

Glad im not alone on that one because theyre making 'best of' lists for the year all over the place.. Again, not even close to bad, but nothing close to as good as the first 3 albums. They were also a band under a different name for quite awhile before introducing themselves as Band of Horses. I hope theyre not running out of material or something??

Nazareth- Expect No Mercy remaster with the original, alternative first mix of the album from 1977 with several completely different songs. This album is great just for tracks Expect No Mercy, Gone Dead Train, Shot me Down and Nazareth is severly under rated and forgotten on most rock lists. Damn good rock band and Dan had a great voice.

Last edited by Cbear; 01-02-2013 at 10:23 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got some more stuff in from Amazon, old of course.

Nazareth- The Fool Circle. Remastered with additional tracks. The original had some good songs with Dressed to Kill, Another Year, Moonlight Eyes, Victoria and the extras are Crazy from the Heavy Metal soundtrack and live cuts Razamanaz, Hearts Grown Cold Cocaine, and Hair of the Dog.

Sweet- Cut Above the Rest. An old favorite of mine and Im glad its available on cd again. This one is must get for Pirate Eater as I think its Sweets best. Call Me, Play All Night, Big Apple Waltz, Discophony, Eye Games with 3 bonus tracks. Sweet never got enough attention in the U.S. and did alot more than just Love is Like Oxygen.

Blackfoot-Siogo (rumored to stand for suck it or get off in reference to groupies wanting on the bus). One of the better southern rock bands with singer/guitar player Rick Medlocke powerful voice, this cd is my favorite of their work. Send me an Angel, Crossfire, Hearts Grown Cold, Were Going Down, Teenage Idol, Going in Circles....its all good.

Nazareths Hair of the Dog is a classic! One of the most underrated albums of all time.

I havent found their CD yet, but Im going to order it when I see it. I found this band yesterday while playing around on youtube. An all female black/death metal band out of Puerto Rico. These chicks kill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqM2rv2uOJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oIslUa173k
    RIP Cammy youll be missed bro

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

After reading Paul Di' Anno's autobiography I wanted to check his post-Maiden output.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Pq3...=results_video

Also picked up the Fast Times at Ridgemont High soundtrack which had a Sammy Hagar and Billy Squire track I couldn't find on any other releases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlN1oCctGok

I looked at a few best of Billy Squire compilations but none of them had all of his best tracks so I decided to just pick up some of his albums on the cheap. I've always liked his guitar sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J28Xqub6rI
    Last edited by WEREWOLF; 01-18-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WEREWOLF View Post
    After reading Paul Di' Anno's autobiography I wanted to check his post-Maiden output.
    Cool, never heard his actual solo albums, only seen him live at Wacken once in 2001 when he mostly played some Maiden material. Have to check these out.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearExorcist View Post
    Cool, never heard his actual solo albums, only seen him live at Wacken once in 2001 when he mostly played some Maiden material. Have to check these out.
    Check out his Battlezone stuff too. It's also quite good.

Tame Impala : Lonerism - Had no idea who these Australians were until my recent best albums of '12 thread, and Onion listed this. Checked out a single and was absolutely blown away. Insert this album into my top 10 list anywhere below the top 3 and itd be righteous. They blend late '60s psychedelic textures with ground thumping core beats to form the perfect uniform on almost every song. And nearly every song is different and holds its own identity. Absolutely amazing album!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H570ifQfpDk

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker : Local Best Buy just so happened to carry their first release as well, so i picked it up for a smooth $8.99. Sometimes its cool hearing the bands huge breakout first (Lonerism), and then their earlier stuff, because you can hear the similar sound that just hadnt yet formed into something as powerful as what they end up getting to. This is the case with this one. Still very solid, with the psychedelic sound actually being more up front and center/obvious. Also a great album..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvf7gR4-2M

Last edited by ATroms; 01-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    Tame Impala : Lonerism - Had no idea who these Australians were until my recent best albums of '12 thread, and Onion listed this. Checked out a single and was absolutely blown away. Insert this album into my top 10 list anywhere below the top 3 and itd be righteous. They blend late '60s psychedelic textures with ground thumping core beats to form the perfect uniform on almost every song. And nearly every song is different and holds its own identity. Absolutely amazing album!
    That's what really stands out to me as well.
    Such a solid album