Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 177 of 258 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2579
    WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Fastway- Eat Dog Eat

I wasn't sure what to expect from this one especially without Dave King on vocals but this album kicks ass. Clark sounds great and King's replacement is excellent. Where does Clark find these vocalists?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Shamrocked;884714]John 5 - God Told Me To - Yet another great album from John 5. This one is a bit more eclectic than some of his other stuff. Sure there's some face melting shredders and more of his fantastic Travis picking, but he even throws in a bit of Latin flavor (not to mention a pretty cool, instrumental cover of Michael Jackson's Beat It). If that weren't cool enough for $12 (at Best Buy anyway) you also get a bonus DVD with a trippy, little movie that features John in the studio laying down nearly every track on the album. Cool stuff.
    I've had this playing in my car now for 3 days. John 5 might be the most talented guitar player I've ever heard. Incredible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aimee Mann completely rocked on the Magnolia soundtrack...Directtv is having a freeview concert of hers playing this month.

Beach House : Bloom - Electronic/Ambient Freak Folk at its absolute finest here. This pair has somehow topped their 2010 blockbuster Teengage Dream by a mile. The symphonic/haunting melodies laced with melancholly hit a nerve with me that very few bands do. This has the potential to be my favorite of album of 2012... Its definately the best so far. Give this a listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7IcjmxjGo&ob=av2n

Been debating on getting this one.
    I liked the first album, but didn't love it.

You say it's better eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Been debating on getting this one.
    I liked the first album, but didn't love it.

You say it's better eh?
    Onion, we have a very similar taste in music... You need this album in your life. Total game changer

Been enjoying a freebie compilation disc titled The New Avengers: The Next Generation of Classic Rock Superstars that came with the British magazine Classic Rock (with ACDC on the cover). Its almost all listenable with nary a single cookie monster growly vocal in the bunch. In fact, some of it is even closer to pop rock than what I'd call classic rock but I love a good melody and a chorus with hooks so what the hell. Bands included are Howlin Rain, Blackstone Cherry, Foxy Shazam, Rival Sons, Turbowolf, Butch Walker & the Black Widow, Ghost, Crippled Black Phoenix, The Answer, The Union, Shinedown, Phantom Limb, Band of Skulls, The Trews, The Treatment.

While about half of it has me interested in checking out the bands others stuff, there are two standout tracks that really caught my attention.

Butch Walker & The Black Widows- Summer of '89. This song could have been a huge hit in the 80's as its loaded with hooks. It almost sounds like Bon Jovi in their prime. Damn good pop/classic/rock song however you want to classify it. Here is the vid directed by Seymour Cassall who you will recognize from Wes Anderson films.

The other standout song is Ghost-Ritual. The gimmick may be an amped up satanic version of Kiss but this song is right out of prime Blue Oyster Cult.

Sinners repent!

Crippled Black Phoenix and Band of Skulls are both excellent. Ghost is also very good, provided it's the Japanese musician and not someone else. The Trews are an awful Canadian band who benefit from our archaic CRTC laws here, giving them government-imposed airplay on every radio station despite the fact that they suck and nobody wants to hear their ****ty music. See also: Nickelback.
    Last edited by Ash; 05-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Crippled Black Phoenix and Band of Skulls are both excellent. Ghost is also very good, provided it's the Japanese musician and not someone else. The Trews are an awful Canadian band who benefit from our archaic CRTC laws here, giving them government-imposed airplay on every radio station despite the fact that they suck and nobody wants to hear their ****ty music. See also: Nickelback.
    Band of Skulls are pretty good. Caught their show a month or so ago.

The Trews used to be awesome (first cd was great), until they hit it big and their heads swelled. They used to be a great East Coast band, but they are pretty hated there now.

I could never enjoy their music. Around that time there were a slew of similar-sounding Canadian bands oversaturating the market, Sam Roberts comes to mind immediately as well (although he's okay, I guess), but that's basically when I stopped listening to the radio for close to a decade.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.