Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 122 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1441

I received Let the Right One In for Christmas. I'm only about a chapter in so far but I can't wait to start getting more back story that wasn't shown in the film.

Iron War: Dave Scott,Mark Allan and The greatest Race ever run
    A thrilling read by the two greatest ironman triathletes to ever live in the closest race ever run.A 2.4 mile swim followed by a 112 mile bike ride then a full marathon and these two were only separated by 58 seconds as neither guy refused to crack.Big thumbs up

Finished Theft of Swords (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_myk_ro_title) and almost done with the 2nd book Rise of Empire (http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Empire-Ri...d_sim_kstore_1) out of the trilogy Riyria Revelations, really like this guys writing style. Good fantasy that doesn't take itself too seriously.

No Easy Day. The autobiography of a Navy Seal. The firsthand account of the mission that killed osama bin laden.
    Put the boots to him, medium style.

5. Default

The Eye of the World: Book One of 'The Wheel of Time': Took me a bit to get into this one, but now that the story has picked up it's hard to put it down.

Also started a new Reacher book but I forget the title, it starts off with him in NY and he is still with the dead Major's daughter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DriveBy73 View Post
    The Eye of the World: Book One of 'The Wheel of Time': Took me a bit to get into this one, but now that the story has picked up it's hard to put it down.

Also started a new Reacher book but I forget the title, it starts off with him in NY and he is still with the dead Major's daughter.
    May be a little too late now, but I warn you might want to stop after Eye of World. Yes great book, in fact the first four a really awesome FWIR. But after that story starts to get too expansive, too lost, and non moving. The last book is actually due out early next year, which I'm looking to pick up and read, even though I skipped last 3 or 4.

Marvel Comics: The Untold Story by Sean Howe. Pretty interesting if you're a longtime fan but ironically enough a book that spends a considerable amount of time documenting criticisms of the editing process could have benefited from a little more editing itself. It feels too long and tedious at times and covers a lot of minutiae that wasn't necessary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

I've finished two more rock bios.

and;

Dee Snider's book is part 1 of 2 and is the cleanest rock bio I've read. No drugs. No groupies. Snider portrays himself as a straight-laced family man who struggled mightily to make it in the music industry. Snider's story focuses on the music of Twisted Sister and his band's triumphs and failures. Excellent book. I'm looking forward to part 2.

Di' Anno's bio is the polar opposite of Snider's. All drugs, all groupies with an astonishing amount of violence thrown in as an added bonus. Di' Anno is my favorite vocalist of all time but I had no idea what a deplorable psychopath he was/is. No wonder he got booted from Iron Maiden (although he claims it was a mutual decision for him to leave the band). It's amazing this guy has survived as long as he has. The stories in this book are astonishing. Spinal Tap moments like the time Di' Anno almost suffocated to death under the weight of an obese groupie and the concert he played on his knees holding the mike out to the audience to do the singing because he was too fu<ked to stand or sing add infrequent levity to a shocking story of violence, excess and insanity. Fans of The Dirt or whacked out nut-jobs in general, should pick this one up.
    Last edited by WEREWOLF; 01-18-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Book here you horror film fans should check out.

Rue Morgue Magazines: 200 Alternative Horror Films You Need to See.

Its a softback book 161 pages and I got it on the magazine rack and Barnes and Noble. Lots of wiggy movies in it and its a good reference guide for off beat horror film recommendations.

Repent Ash, repent!

almost finished reading "Point of Impact". hey old CB, is everything mentioned in the books in regards to the guns and the art of sniping accurate? i mean, are shooters able to snipe at 1500 and plus yrds away in real life?