Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 124 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1417

Quote Originally Posted by dhk1980 View Post
    it was the 10 most rare rifles, model 70 .300 H & H Magnum. whatever that means
    Well, thats just a cartridge designation. For instance, the .300 H & H magnum cartridge would be in the family of cartrides along with the .300 Winchester Magnum and .300 Weatherby Magnum and when you get into cartridges like that, its often for big game. Now, the model 70 was/is a famous Winchester bolt action rifle design that was the most famous used for accuracy and snipers especially in the 60's. Today we have super accurate rifles of all makes and models but back in the day if you wanted a nail driver, that was the choice. So, what I believe the book may be alluding to is that a Winchester model 70 bolt action rifle chambered in the .300 H & H Magnum cartridge is extremely rare.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    Just finished China Road. If you're going to read one book about China, make it this one. It's highly informative AND very entertaining at the same time. An easy read. It's a road trip by an English author on a highway from Shanghai to the western mountains.
    Does it mention that they are a very loud people?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfofdoom View Post
    My Wicked, Wicked Ways by Errol Flynn - Errol Flynn's notorious autobiography. It's been good so far. You really get a sense of what a self-aware womanising scoundrel Errol was. I'm only a hundred or so pages in but so far he has been expelled from every school he has been to for fighting ( or having affairs with laundry women), gone to New Guinea where had an affair with the British consulates wife, been party of a posse hunting down murderers in the jungle, gone on slave trading journeys, mined for gold, run a coconut farm, run a tabacco plantation, slept with a borderline under age girl, killed a cannibal, been on trial for murder, got malaria, got the clap before finally returning to to Australia.

I never thought of Errol as a tough man but dudes back in the day really packed a lot living into theirs lives back in the day.
    Oh yeah, he was something else. Interesting wartime work too. There is a fiction comedy movie loosely based on Flynns later life as a wild, womanizing, swashbuckling character starring Peter O'Toole, called "My Favorite Year." Fun little movie. Errol was the quintessential Robin Hood.

yup. .

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Does it mention that they are a very loud people?
    u don't need to read to a book to know that if u live here in nyc. chinos are mad loud

Picked up two new books today.

Odd Interlude by Dean Koontz. Its a paperback that was originally an ebook or web download or some such stuff. I like Odd Thomas so it was an easy buy.

The Third Bullet by Stephen Hunter. Bob (the Nailer) Lee Swagger, Hunters sniper protagonist, investigates the Kennedy assassination from his unique perspective as a sniper. A novelist is murdered by a Russian hitman made to look like an accident. His wife tracks down Swagger to look at some very thin evidence of an additional sniper in the Kennedy assassination that her husband may have been looking in to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Picked up two new books today.

Odd Interlude by Dean Koontz. Its a paperback that was originally an ebook or web download or some such stuff. I like Odd Thomas so it was an easy buy.

The Third Bullet by Stephen Hunter. Bob (the Nailer) Lee Swagger, Hunters sniper protagonist, investigates the Kennedy assassination from his unique perspective as a sniper. A novelist is murdered by a Russian hitman made to look like an accident. His wife tracks down Swagger to look at some very thin evidence of an additional sniper in the Kennedy assassination that her husband may have been looking in to.
    You know who would make a great Lee Swagger?? Tom Cruise!!

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    You know who would make a great Lee Swagger?? Tom Cruise!!
    that would just about finish old CB and send him on his way to the land of his hillbilly forefathers.

started the first chapter of storm of swords in A song of ice and fire.

I have had the book for a few months and have been trying not to read it as i wanted to ideally wait for the tv show to air first. The temptation to read is juts getting too intense. I ****ing love this book/show.

- Muay Thai / BJJ Training Blogs | Worldwide MMA

WEREWOLF is online now Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Hey Cbear, I think you would dig this one;

It's kind of like Badass without the lame analogies.

Here's a list of the subjects:

Alexander the Great
    Tom Allen
    James Bowie
    Gregory "Pappy" Boyington
    Delf A. "Jelly" Bryce
    Lloyd L. Burke
    Ned Christie
    Winston S. Churchill
    Ty Cobb
    Hannah Duston
    Egil (Skallagrimsson)
    Nathan Bedford Forrest
    Peter Francisco
    Geronimo
    Gurkhas: Jitbahadur Rai, Dwansing Basnet, Lachhiman
    Gurung
    Frank Hamer
    Nancy Hart
    Erich Hartmann & Hans-Joachim Marseille
    Wild Bill Hickok
    Andrew Jackson
    Jean-Louis
    "Turkey Creek" Jack Johnson
    Charles E. "Commando" Kelly
    JosÚ "Pepe" Llulla
    Frank Luke
    Donald McBane
    Bat Masterson & Luke Short
    La Maupin
    Mgobozi
    Audie Murphy
    Miyamoto Musashi
    Charles Nungesser
    Francisco Pizarro
    Robert the Bruce & the Black Douglas
    Ronald Rosser
    Hans Ulrich Rudel
    Shaka (Zulu)
    Sokaku Takeda
    Lance Thomas
    Usamah ibn-Munqidh
    Nancy Wake
    Lewis Wetzel
    Sam Whittemore
    Alvin C. York