...and we never talk about beer.
What are your top five beers?
1. Westvleteren 12 - not exported any more - Trappist ale bliss. Brown, complex, classy - the definition of amazing 4 ingredient beer (water, yeast, malt, hops). $40 or so at least per 12 oz bottle mail order from Belgium. One of the six Trappist beers made. Anyone that knows beer calls it the best beer in the world. It is by far the best beer in the world.
2. Girardin Geuze - over 400 strands of wild yeast produce a sour fermentation like a fine cham-pag-knee. Spontaneously fermented (look it up) - Freakin complex and overwhelming. Available at the best beer stores only. $8-12 for a 12 oz bottle. Belgian. Only made in Senne valley in Belgium - not possible to make elsewhere.
3. Loterbol Bruin - dark and complex Belgian ale like Westy 12 but with some odd spices and honey?? and???? totally complex and taste that evolves in your mouth for well over a full minute. This is art of beer. Breugel - brown and spicy Bosch like joy of stinking humanity. Pantagruelist bliss. $5-$10 for 12oz. available at best stores only.
4. Budvar and Bernard Cz Pils. Budvar aka Czechvar aka the original budweiser = best pilsner ever. This is the definition of working man's yellow beer. This is what Miller is supposed to be. Like a slice of white bread - but good bread - not that freaking Wonderbread glue horse****!!!! **** YOU MILLER BEER!!!!! miller is made of corn - bud is rice - I'd rather drink from the deek of a goat. Perfect workingman's lager. Bernard makes an unpasteurized lager that doesn't age well - but holy crap is it ever perfect fresh. Budvar is common but called Czechvar in the US $8 for a sixer - Bernard is not sold in US.
5. Ayinger Celebrator - dopplebock - aka double dark. Malty sweet but balanced beer from Germany. Ayinger is among the best German brew houses. Everything they do is pristine, clean and balanced. IMO - the best lager brewers going. $10 for sixer - available at better beer stores.