Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

tom petty, wu tang, nas, macklemore, the xx, and billy idol would be cool if I knew that i could catch them all on the same day

I'm thoroughly uninterested in that lineup. I like Foals and Wild Nothing, and..... not much else. Japandroids are okay, but they're a local band. I don't like Wilco's last two albums.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    :: sigh :: Another year where I'm trying to decide if I want to go or not (never been).

Do you think they will release any more headliners...or the "more artists to be announced" bit is for the "undercard" bands?
    No, it will be mid-card acts, and the comedy acts.
    Only 3 headliners (Fri, Sat, Sun. No headlining show on Thursday)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm thoroughly uninterested in that lineup. I like Foals and Wild Nothing, and..... not much else. Japandroids are okay, but they're a local band. I don't like Wilco's last two albums.
    Local?
    They're from Vancouver, lol.

They are in my top 3 for sure. Their show is supposed to be wicked.

BTW Jackie, I can't stress enough how much discovering new bands is a great part of going to Bonnaroo (or any music fest).
    That, and the overall atmosphere makes it a great time, no matter who is playing.

This will be year 5 for me, and last year was my least favourite lineup by far, yet it was still such an amazing weekend.

They certainly do shows here often enough.
    アッシュ

I'm happy that I love this lineup because I think this will be my last Roo. I want to mix things up and check out new scenery next year.

Gonna either do

Hangout festival - Gulf Shores, Alabama (right on the Gulf of Mexico)

Sasquatch - The Gorge, Washington

Coachella - Indio, California

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Lineup just dropped for this year and it is without a doubt my favourite lineup ever!
    Headliners don;t interest me much, but I absolutely LOVE the undercard.
    At first I didn't care much about McCartney, but the thought of 80,000 ppl singing along to Hey Jude is pretty amazing.

I've bolded the ones I am most excited for.

Anyone thinking of going?
    I know about 4 bands on that list. Tommy Petty and Bjork are the only ones on the list I would want to see. Not my type of festival.

I used to really love going to the festivals in the UK. Reading, Glastonbury, and the like. Went to ATP once. They're a lot more interesting to me than the festivals here.
    アッシュ

BTW Jackie, I can't stress enough how much discovering new bands is a great part of going to Bonnaroo (or any music fest).
    That, and the overall atmosphere makes it a great time, no matter who is playing.

This will be year 5 for me, and last year was my least favourite lineup by far, yet it was still such an amazing weekend.
    Yeah, I can see how listening to new artists would be fun.

My fiancÚ already said he will not go with me, though He went the 1st year and then the 3rd year and said that the 3rd year was horrible and he ended up packing up early and leaving. He says it's too hot, too crowded, too expensive and too long of a walk.

And this coming from a guy that has gone to Wanee about 10 years in a row

I'm happy that I love this lineup because I think this will be my last Roo. I want to mix things up and check out new scenery next year.

Gonna either do

Hangout festival - Gulf Shores, Alabama (right on the Gulf of Mexico)

Sasquatch - The Gorge, Washington

Coachella - Indio, California
    I gotta admit the Hangout Festival looks like fun! The idea of a concert on a beach intersets me Plus it wouldn't be THAT far of a drive for me.

Sasquatch has a lot of bands that I would love to see, but there's no way Ican travel that far

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Yeah, I can see how listening to new artists would be fun.

My fiancÚ already said he will not go with me, though He went the 1st year and then the 3rd year and said that the 3rd year was horrible and he ended up packing up early and leaving. He says it's too hot, too crowded, too expensive and too long of a walk.

And this coming from a guy that has gone to Wanee about 10 years in a row

I gotta admit the Hangout Festival looks like fun! The idea of a concert on a beach intersets me Plus it wouldn't be THAT far of a drive for me.

Sasquatch has a lot of bands that I would love to see, but there's no way Ican travel that far
    Your fiance needs to toughen up . We come from the great white north, and if we can handle the insane heat for 4 days (was only 3 days when he was there), then a Georgian should be able to take it with ease. I've never heard of someone leaving Bonnaroo, lol.

Definitely not too expensive either. Ticket is still one of the cheapest festivals ($230 compared to Coachella $320), and it includes camping (Coachella, add $40). And take this year for example, a Paul McCartney concert ticket is over $200 on it's own. Here you
    get that, plus over 150 other bands! You don't have to love McCartney, that's just an example of the value.

You can bring you own food and booze for camping, so that's cheap (LOVE USA beer prices ). Once inside the main area, 16oz beers are $5-6, and meals are $5-10.

Some people might not like huge crowds though, I can understand that.
    Wannee only has around 20,000 ppl, whereas Bonnaroo has 80,000-90,000. It's a goddamn pop-up instant city!