Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

I've never been to a festival, so how does it work? You buy a ticket and get to just come and go as you please for however many days the festival is??? Or is it once you are inside, you arent coming back in if you leave??? I mean that would suck if someone is there that you care to see on a Friday and the next one is Sunday.

Are you basically expected to camp out the whole thing???

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    I've never been to a festival, so how does it work? You buy a ticket and get to just come and go as you please for however many days the festival is??? Or is it once you are inside, you arent coming back in if you leave??? I mean that would suck if someone is there that you care to see on a Friday and the next one is Sunday.

Are you basically expected to camp out the whole thing???
    No, you can come and go as you please.

People leave all the time to get more groceries or booze.
    Some people even stay in hotels nearby.

And no, it would not suck to be stuck there without your favourite band there, lol. Broaden your horizons, and take in some new bands, lol. Literally every genre of music is represented. And late night shows are a ****ing party! Definitely something you don't want to miss out on, even if you are not familiar with the band or into the music.

I can't stress enough how addictive the atmosphere is.
    Last edited by Onion; 02-20-2013 at 08:32 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Your fiance needs to toughen up . We come from the great white north, and if we can handle the insane heat for 4 days (was only 3 days when he was there), then a Georgian should be able to take it with ease. I've never heard of someone leaving Bonnaroo, lol.

Definitely not too expensive either. Ticket is still one of the cheapest festivals ($230 compared to Coachella $320), and it includes camping (Coachella, add $40). And take this year for example, a Paul McCartney concert ticket is over $200 on it's own. Here you
    get that, plus over 150 other bands! You don't have to love McCartney, that's just an example of the value.

You can bring you own food and booze for camping, so that's cheap (LOVE USA beer prices ). Once inside the main area, 16oz beers are $5-6, and meals are $5-10.

Some people might not like huge crowds though, I can understand that.
    Wannee only has around 20,000 ppl, whereas Bonnaroo has 80,000-90,000. It's a goddamn pop-up instant city!
    Damn...are you a Bonnaroo salesman?! You are making me want to go more :\

I think he enjoys Wannee for all the dirty hippy girls that are no doubt topless and high beyond belief most of the time
    Last edited by Jackie; 02-20-2013 at 01:09 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He should stick to Roo then. More whacked out up hippies, and MANY more boobs.

Ahhhh, I think I figured out why he's so against going now. I bet if it was with his friends he would go in a heart beat...because it is with me, no dice.

Best advice: Sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I'm happy that I love this lineup because I think this will be my last Roo. I want to mix things up and check out new scenery next year.

Gonna either do

Hangout festival - Gulf Shores, Alabama (right on the Gulf of Mexico)

Sasquatch - The Gorge, Washington

Coachella - Indio, California
    Have you looked into Austin City Limits Festival? It looks like they are changing up their usual 3 day festival and making it 2 consecutive weekends in a row. They kept selling out the 3 day weekend and figured this would add an extra day. The 2 weekends will have the same acts playing and be limited to 75,000 people each day. Austin is an awesome music and party town.

I went years ago when the Pixies did their reunion tour. They didn't offer camping but most of the local hotels had package deals and offered free shuttle service before and after the show. They had 8 stages going at the same time and so it was crazy trying to catch all the acts I wanted to see.
    He's got a heart as big as Tito's f*cking head.

Could not get tickets to the Simco show, maybe I should convince some people to road trip it down to Roo a lot of great bands playing.

Or separate tents

Has anyone ever volunteered for Bonnaroo to get a free ticket?

If so, I'm wondering how that works out and if it's worth it? I have a friend that is willing to go with me if she can get a free (or at least half off ticket).

http://www.bonnaroo.com/get-involved/volunteers/

WHAT DO I GET IF I JOIN THE C’ROO?
    All members of the C’roo receive a free ticket to attend Bonnaroo whenever they’re not working, a t-shirt to show everyone that you are part of the C’roo, free showers*, a free meal for every shift that you work, and all sorts of other perks. Most importantly members of the C’roo get the sense of being a huge part of something special, the experience of working at a major music festival, and playing a big part in everyone’s great time! Not to mention memories that will last a lifetime.