Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Pretty much every worker there is a volunteer. I've hung out with a few of them and they all say the same thing: there are good and bad things to this.

You get a free ticket, but you don't get to choose which events you get to go see or what shifts you work, so you may end up missing the shows you want to see. You are able to switch shifts with other volunteers though, so yo may be able to see everyone you want to see. You also don't get a choice on what job you get either. Could be security, could be garbage cleanup.

And don't get any ideas of skipping your volunteering duties. You pay for your ticket up front, and are given the money back at the end of the weekend, provided you didn't bail on the gig.
    Last edited by Onion; 02-21-2013 at 08:02 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, I saw that about basically paying for your ticket up front and then you get it back (minus like $25), which is smart as some people would probably show up for one shift (if that many) and then bail on the rest.

From the looks of the website, it sounds like you have pre-show/during show options...and if you work during a show you don't have to work as much (if I'm reading that right).

But, like you said, I would hate for her to have a shift (and not be able to switch with anyone) and miss a show that we both really want to see. Or have to wake up at the crack of dawn on only a couple of hours of sleep.

We shall stew it over. Thanks for the info, Bonnaroo guru

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No problem.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

i asked some friends but everyone is so flakey. I really only cared to see wu tang and macklemore, how long do most acts tend to go on at festivals?? 15-30 mins or do they get a good amount of time?
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

60-90 min for most. Headliners 2-3 hrs.

Here's an example of a portion of one day, for the bigger stages/tents.

Here's a link to last year's full schedule so you'll get an idea of how many venues/acts there are.
    http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...tist-additions
    Last edited by Onion; 02-22-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Well, as I assumed last year, 2013 was our last Bonnaroo (for now anyway). Most of our friends can't make it this year, plus we wanted something new. Been going since 2008, so it's gonna be hard to not go.

It wasn't in the financial cards to go to one of the west coast or gulf fests, but luckily, Montreal's Osheaga has a killer lineup, and most of our Bonnaroo crew are able to meet up for it.

This one is not a camping fest however, so it's going to be weird being able to properly shower and sleep with air conditioning each night, lol. Safe to say the girls are happy. I'm also happy for a drive that is half the distance.

Here is the lineup, so you can chime in and name the bands on the lineup that suck.

There are so many bands I am excited for this year, and there are a few that I have never seen before that I am really excited for.

Jack White
    Arctic Monkeys
    Lorde
    Against me!
    Replacements
    Nick Cave
    Modest Mouse
    Gogol Bordello
    July Talk
    The Men
    ChildishGambino
    Half Moon Run
    Chvrches
    Local Natives
    Haim
    Kooks
    Cut Copy
    Portugal the Man
    Hey Rosetta!
    Mowlgi's
    Hospitality

7. Default

How much do those tickets usually run?

I haven't been to a concert in fukin forever =(

Here are some of the pricing for the major North American fests.

Coachella $380 for 3 days (need hotel, or pay extra for some camping)
    Sasquatch $325 for 3 days (camping included)
    Bonnaroo $320 for 4 days (camping included)
    Lollapalooza $230 for 3 days (no camping)
    Hangout $230 for 3 days (no camping)
    Osheaga $230 for 3 days (no camping)