Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Kimbo Slice's Beard, legal?

Why is Kimbo allowed to fight with such a thick beard? This is an unfair advantage since it helps to cushion the blows, that is why boxers can only have really thin beards. This makes me question the legitimacy of this sport. Given that his beard is about 6 inches thick, that would really help to cushion punches to the chin.

Indeed, not only does it cushion the blow, it adds unfair intimidation to the fight, and potentially grants him superhuman strength.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When Tim Sylvia gives blood, he declines the syringe, and requests a gun and a bucket.

I agree, they definitely should apply the same rules regarding facial hair as they use in boxing to MMA.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

It inflicts retributive damage on his opponents fists.

If Tanner kept his grizzly beard, he'd be unstoppable.

I say let him keep the beard. That beard rules!!

It would suck having him laying on you if he were in your guard. His beard would tickle you to death. Can you imagine how many nasty things have been caught in there? Ehhh.
    R.I.P. Cameron

I'm going to eat your children!!!!

I have to admit I thought the same thing when I first saw his beard. Aside from that it's ugly as hell.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan02 View Post
    Why is Kimbo allowed to fight with such a thick beard? This is an unfair advantage since it helps to cushion the blows, that is why boxers can only have really thin beards. This makes me question the legitimacy of this sport. Given that his beard is about 6 inches thick, that would really help to cushion punches to the chin.
    Because one guy has a thick ass beard??

I couldn't agree more.

Kimbo doesn't have a great chin; it's his balanc....er......beard.

Bad beard = bad chin.

Good, thick beard = great chin.