Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wire

dogofwar Guest

The Shield was a terrific show. Can't say I liked Six Feet Under very much, the concept was good but the show got very old for me. Although I did tune into the finale and it is probably the best or one of the best series finale I have ever seen.

Just finished The Wire season 5 today. Yeah, I'm waaaaaaaaaay behind the times but I'm glad I hunted it down and watched it. Damn fine series. It's funny how some people think season 2 was great while others weren't pleased with it. I'm in the latter camp. I thought seasons 1, 3 and 4 were best. Five was good but 2 paled in comparison to the rest. What I really enjoyed about it was how real it felt. It wasn't chock full of "feel good" moments and unbelievable coincidences.

I also watched all of The Sopranos over the past few months. Another awesome piece of TV history. Man, HBO was on the ball. It's only Breaking Bad that I would rank above Sopranos the The Wire.

Not too many older shows that I'm dying to see now. Those were the biggies. I do see some mention of The Shield here. I remember my dad, a retired cop, really getting into it but I never gave it a chance. Maybe I should rethink that?

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Just finished The Wire season 5 today. Yeah, I'm waaaaaaaaaay behind the times but I'm glad I hunted it down and watched it. Damn fine series. It's funny how some people think season 2 was great while others weren't pleased with it. I'm in the latter camp. I thought seasons 1, 3 and 4 were best. Five was good but 2 paled in comparison to the rest. What I really enjoyed about it was how real it felt. It wasn't chock full of "feel good" moments and unbelievable coincidences.

I also watched all of The Sopranos over the past few months. Another awesome piece of TV history. Man, HBO was on the ball. It's only Breaking Bad that I would rank above Sopranos the The Wire.

Not too many older shows that I'm dying to see now. Those were the biggies. I do see some mention of The Shield here. I remember my dad, a retired cop, really getting into it but I never gave it a chance. Maybe I should rethink that?
    the shield is a good show. there are a few lazy episode and coincidences but the last season is some of the best tv you'll see.
    "The power of the people is much stronger than the people in power"

Must say I loved loved the first 3 seasons. The last two were good. I was a little dissapointed with the 5th though. I'm glad McNulty was back in the fold, glad he was back to old McNulty as well. I enjoyed the journalism aspect of Season5. Just didn't like the whole McNulty and Freamon making up a serial killer and stuff.

Haven't watched 5 till since it first aired (own every season but it) should prolly get around to checking it out again, now that I got HBOgo.

Yeah, season 2 is highly debated.
    I'm in the camp that thinks it was one of the best seasons, and Ziggy was one of the best (albeit annoying) characters of all seasons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kinda funny, I had been watching the series in the summer/fall for a second time with my gf (as she had not seen it), before we broke up half way through season 3.
    This weekend we decided to get back together, and she actually joked "can we also re-start the Wire from where we left off?"

I'm excited to finish the series again, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Kinda funny, I had been watching the series in the summer/fall for a second time with my gf (as she had not seen it), before we broke up half way through season 3.
    This weekend we decided to get back together, and she actually joked "can we also re-start the Wire from where we left off?"

I'm excited to finish the series again, lol.
    Good luck with that, man. Hope it works out for you, but in my experience, there is usually a reason it went south the first time.

Is this the same chick that was married to your buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    Good luck with that, man. Hope it works out for you, but in my experience, there is usually a reason it went south the first time.
    Nah, it's all good. Not gonna get into it, but it didn't end because of bad terms.
    A lot of talking, and all is good now.

Also, I know plenty of couples who broke up for months, or even years, only to end up happily married together. We were together 4 years, and had been broken up for the past 4 months.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm excited to see me some Bubbles again!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    One of my favorite jokes ever and I forget the comedian that said it, but it's about couples who get back together and he compared it to rotten milk. Take it out of the fridge and give it a sniff, then put it back in the fridge and say Meh maybe it will be better tomorrow.

Obviously it was funnier when he said it =P