Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    As for the Dead, my stack of unwatched dvds is pretty large so it might be 2021 before I get around to watching it. Maybe Wolfie will step in and give us a review.
    Solid but slow zombie flick and when I say slow I mean the zombies in this movie shuffle along like DMV workers loaded on NyQuil. The African landscape makes for a cool backdrop and the movie has a professional quality, especially compared to usual zombie shi+ I watch. Not too bad, except for the lame ending.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rolling Stones Some Girls-Live in Texas '78. Damn what a nice surprise. This was recoreded during the Some Girls tour before they started doing the stadiums and it rocks hard. The will Rogers arena is relatively small--you can see the ceiling fans over the stage. The Stones are on a small stage, literally not more than 20 feet apart so you see the whole band rocking on each song and not Mick 5 miles away from Keef like on the stadium tours. Very Chuck Berry-ish set with mostly hard rocking songs back when Keef could still play. Every song is fun, Cajun fiddler Doug Kershaw joins them on Far Away Eyes as Ron plays pedal steel and Keef lays a parsons B-Bender tele. Star star (star ****er) is fun as Mick taunts the girls in the audience that all they are, are star ****ers. In one song Ron picks up a joint thrown from the crowd and starts going at it without missing a beat while Mick looks on disapprovingly. Ragged but right, its a righteous reflection of the Stones at the height of their powers. There are extras including new and old interviews and performances. Get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Picked up Carnage, the new Roman Polanski flick. Previews look like a wicked black comedy.

Repent Ash, repent!

Got the new Battle Royale dvd release. No extras but its supposed to be uncut for the first time in North America. I have a copy somewhere but whent ahead and got this one. There is another version out with the sequel, dont know if it has extras or not.

Repent Ash, repent!

I picked up UFC 141 at Best Buy, while there still is a Best Buy. It only cost me about ten bucks as I had a 5 dollar coupon. Watching Brock Lesnar getting liver kicked into retirement is worth repeated viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by WEREWOLF View Post
    I picked up UFC 141 at Best Buy, while there still is a Best Buy. It only cost me about ten bucks as I had a 5 dollar coupon. Watching Brock Lesnar getting liver kicked into retirement is worth repeated viewing.
    He is taking solace in his new 5 mil a year deal with Vince to work a light schedule. Bart knows how to make money.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    He is taking solace in his new 5 mil a year deal with Vince to work a light schedule. Bart knows how to make money.
    Yeah, I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

UFC 139 Shogun vs Hendo

This is a solid UFC. Wanderlei Silva vs Cung Le is like a Mortal Kombat fight come to life. As much as I hated Cung Le on the Kick Boxing circuit with all of his Shan Sho bullshi+, he is one hell of an entertaining MMA fighter. Too bad he didn't enter the sport 15 years ago.

Son Volt- Live from Austin TX (Austin City Limits) from 1996 includes Loose STring, Route, Tear STained Eye, Windfall, and others.

Got it at Cactus Records today during indy record store day and as I was paying, an old guy behind the counter gives me a dollar. He then says thanks for buying the dvd, he is the owner of the label and whenever he sees someone buy his stuff he gives them a dollar in thanks.

Repent Ash, repent!

Used up some BArnes and Noble coupons today.

Night Gallery seasons 1 and 3 to complete the collection. Rod Serlings dark series that followed his more famous Twilight Zone. Some good stuff here.

Three Days of the Condor. One of Robert Redfords better flicks done earlier in his career. He plays a CIA analyst who comes back from lunch one day to find everyone in his office killed and he is on the run with nobody to trust, not even his own government. Max Von Sydow is great as the calm fatherly figure who is really an assassin hired to take him out but is intrigued by Redfords lucky survival skills and instead helps him. Damn good thriller.

Repent Ash, repent!