Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: What did you think of EliteXC: Heat?

Voters
52. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Thumbs up

28 53.85%
  • Thumbs down

16 30.77%
  • Thumbs in the middle

8 15.38%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default What did you think of EliteXC: Heat?

What did you think of EliteXC: Heat?

Thumbs up for obvious reasons....

The event easily gets a thumbs down from me.

Rua v. Radach, was fun sure, but very sloppy.

Carano's fight highlighted many of the flaws in women's mma. Neither of the fighters was overly technical, and Carano just used the combination of her size and the 3 minute rounds to negate her opponent's "grappling" (or at least that seems like what Cobald was attempting). Hopefully we get to size Gina fight either someone her own size, or Cyborg.

Andrei v. Nelson was predictable, though the physically mismatched Nelson did manage to last about a round longer than a few people thought, and proceeded to treat us all to his shorter, more laterally challenged version of tim sylvia's "press 'em against the cage". In the end though, it's always fun to see Andrei beat up a fat kid.

Shields was unimpressive.

Now, Kimbo getting KTFO is good enough to make the night memorable, but after all the laughing, it was still a quick, weird, sloppy, and dull KO that had bad camera work.

Bad event.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
    fight either someone her own size, or Cyborg.

Andrei v. Nelson was predictable, though the physically mismatched Nelson did manage to last about a round longer than a few people thought, and proceeded to treat us all to his shorter, more laterally challenged version of tim sylvia's "press 'em against the cage". In the end though, it's always fun to see Andrei beat up a fat kid.
    I thought Nelson was also hurt by the Ref's early standup when Nelson was trying to keep busy from Side Control.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs up. The fights were sloppy but entertaining which is the most important part for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLee View Post
    I thought Nelson was also hurt by the Ref's early standup when Nelson was trying to keep busy from Side Control.
    Yeah that standup was terrible. However I don't think it ended up making much of a difference.

People are becoming jaded to it by now though. If you are a popular striker and your opponent is on top of you, you WILL be stood up promptly unless you get yourself in a real mess.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLee View Post
    I thought Nelson was also hurt by the Ref's early stand up when Nelson was trying to keep busy from Side Control.
    Definitely. I wanted Arlovski to roll through him in hopes of setting up some interesting heavyweight match ups down the road, but I thought that particular stand up was bullsh!t. Nelson is in side control actively applying a kimura and throwing knees to the body and the fight gets stood up? Elite has a decent product, but these kind s of things only appear to make it look illegitimate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thought Kimbo getting KO'ed was hilarious, but I can;t let that take away from the fact that Elite is garbage...

Rua/Radach was a KOTC level fight.......

Gina/Cobald was entertaining, but Gina's personality and marketing is what did it. She came out and fought, and her opponent did her best, but it is what it is...

AA/Nelson - I thought AA looked like he was going through the motions. This fight was boring and predictable. If nelson didn't giggle his gut after winning a few fights, he likely would not have been in there...I guess we should keep in mind that AA and Nelson took this on somewhat short notice, but it was more fun to watch an aggressive AA beat up other fat guys like Cabbage and Buentello...

Shields really regressed as far as rankings go me in this fight. He seemed to refuse to win. I mean, a supposed top 5 fighter has the mount for 3 days and his opponent is smiling up at him? Then he notifies everyone in the building that he is going for an armbar, carefully explains his plans to his opponent, looks to his corner for further instruction, and then miffs it horribly and gives up dominant position.....And what was with that standup?

Kimbo/Seth - What more can be said about this contest...Most enjoyable moment of the night.
    Everyone is different. The problem is, most people want to be the same -Alfred Kinsey

Thumbs up due to hilarity.

Fights went as expected, Shamrock's braces were once again funny, Mauro wasn't terrible, Ninja getting knocked out is always awesome, etc. The crappy part was the broadcast being on tape delay for my CBS affiliate. Petruzelli is just getting in the ring now.
    August 3, 2009 - Never Forget. We'll Miss You Snakerattle.

Default On an off note.....

Frankie Shamrock won't be fighting for at least a couple years, if ever again.

How do I know?

Because he has finally gotten braces to correct those nasty, crooked teeth of his. You can't fight while wearing braces.

You can't be an announcer when your viewers are cringing everytime you open your mouth because you have nasty, crooked teeth.

Maybe he figures his future is in announcing, since he can't fight worth a crap against today's competition.