Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

I dunno, I see the good side of them as they are a more full body movement and can whip you in shape. However, I do standard pullups as it targets the back/biceps/shoulders more directly.

Crossfit = better overall conditioning
    Standard = better for body building.

I do want to start implementing more cross-fit or HIT exercises in my routine though as I believe there is a huge difference between looking fit and actually being fit.

You probably aren't on the same page though because powerlifting is entirely different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Body-weight exercises were always my favorite. Dips and squats in particular. Do enough repetitions and they build serious strength and muscle endurance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DriveBy73 View Post
    Favorites are any tricep work cept dips cause I am still too fat for those LOL
    Dumbbell bench press, I like the bar but there is rarely anyone at the gym when I go cept old people so it's difficult to get a spot.
    Shoulder Shrugs, I like both dumbbell and using the smith machine for those because I can set it to the perfect height.

Ones I don't like so much are front and side raises, I do em but damn I dont like em.
    Also anything with the legs because after an accident I had years ago my knees have been shot (torn acl and mcl in both) and they hurt when working them. I can handle the stack on the leg press but it just kills my knees when I do those...perhaps a lighter weight might be a good idea.
    you work out woody?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dhk1980 View Post
    you work out woody?
    Actually I did start going back to the gym on Monday. Started watching what I eat a while ago and am down about 40 Lbs.... Soon I will be only as fat as my favorite Korean =P

But I will leave the gay **** up to you....

a thread in the health and fitness section having posts without spammers

whats going on here??!?!?!?!?!?!

Pat Barry doing standing bench press. These look scary!

That hurts my joints just watching it.

So dangerous, but damn, that takes a lot of core strength to be able to push off without something to push your back against.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or what, but here goes:

This is my crazy workout I did today.

1.) Bench Press
    2.) Curls
    3.) High Knees
    4.) Lying Flat Leg raises
    5.) Standing overhead press
    6.) Reverse Curls
    7.) Jump Squats
    8.) Plank
    9.) Push-Ups
    10.) Wall Jumps
    11.) Squats

I got a boxing timer for my phone and set each round for 30 seconds with 30 seconds rest in-between and did 33 rounds, so that each exercise gets done 3 times.

I run and lift weights pretty regularly (plus do an hour of yoga once a week) but I wanted to switch it up and try something different. So far, I like it. The work out left me absolutely exhausted, my heart rate was pounding, and I was drenched with sweat all in about half an hour. Seems like a pretty good workout.

Thoughts?

As a full body workout, it does the trick (although you missed your back to balance it out); but if you plan on going to the gym on a regular basis, it is not good for you.

Your body needs rest between workouts, and doing full body workouts each workout is not good for your body. This is why workout programs that focus on groups of body parts each day are ideal for someone who goes to the gym regularly.

Of course, this is only if you plan on hitting the gym 4-5 times a week. Otherwise, enjoy your routine!