Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    It's coming in the mail soon!

I would reckon there must be a demo out there for you to try. I know themachine would probably kill me for not giving fallout the blind love. To be serious for a moment though, what I hear is that it's kind of a watered down shooter so, the shooting parts may not be off-putting to one like yourself. I'd surmise there to be a lot of RPG elements into it though I still consider Bethesda as blow-hard, overhyped morons when it comes to RPGs. Imagining Oblivion stealth play while wearing chain mail made me roll on the floor laughing.
    I won't deny that I'm a bit of a diehard fan of the game. Oblivion was fun but I grew bored of it very quickly. Fallout 3 is nearly perfect as far as games go. Don't think of it as a shooter because, while there is combat from the first person perspective (if you want it in first person) it is definitely not a shooter. It's not an rpg in the sense that Baldur's Gate is an rpg. It's really a cross between MadMax, Doomsday, Dawn of the Dead, and maybe even Waterworld and Starship Troopers. Maybe. There are at least a dozen different storylines, depending on how you play your role, good or evil, the voice acting is the best Ive found in any game, the world is huge and there is seemingly endless places to explore. The stories and quests are well written and fun as hell. Plenty of dark, tongue-in-cheek humour, and violence galore! As you may have read in here it isnt for everyone, but it is getting perfect scores from most reviewers. It certainly isnt as fast paced as something like Gears of War, Crysis, Halo, etc, but its not meant to be. It is a story driven, role playing, action shooter, scifi retro futuristic fantasy or something like that. It doesnt really fit into any specific genre but it is still fun as hell. The combat system is very unique and there are some awesome weapons in the game including craftable weapons you can make from junk parts you find in the wasteland.

Here's another game to be on the lookout for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ6Ae...eature=channel
    Last edited by themachine; 12-16-2008 at 09:46 PM.

" I AM ALIVE" looks like my type of game. anyone know when it's coming out? btw does anyone know a great action RPG game for the 360? any old one that i've missed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dhk1980 View Post
    " I AM ALIVE" looks like my type of game. anyone know when it's coming out? btw does anyone know a great action RPG game for the 360? any old one that i've missed?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alive_(video_game)

Im really on the fence on Ni no Kuni.I did download the demo last night but havent tried it yet.Cant remember if BW has a PS3,but Im sure this **** is right up his alley

Dead Space 3 and Last of Us are the titles Im most excited for

Grand Theft Auto V..

Im on the cuff with this one though because for whatever reason, as amazing as it was, i was never able to stay interested enough to beat GTA IV

Hyped for that one too.Suprised there is no super duper limited edition.and The Show 13 so DHK can mock my 220 batting avg.

I picked up Ni No Kuni. If you arn't a fan of JRPGs or Anime, it prob wont change your mind.

I love both, and the game gives me the same feeling that playing Final Fantasy 6/7, Secret of Mana, Chronotrigger etc. all did. Great nostalgic feeling. Plus you can really tell Studio 5 did all the animation as there is plenty of animated cutscenes that look like they are right out of Princess Mononoke, Howls Moving Castle or Spirited Away. Fantastic art direction all around makes it one of the prettiest games this gen.

Gameplay is pretty solid. My only complaint is your AI partners can be totally stupid at times. Really like the pokemon'esque familiar system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its crazy how much the wizards edition of that game is selling for on ebay.Its 350 bucks minimum.I looked at Ni No on the PS store couldnt believe it was 27 gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Its crazy how much the wizards edition of that game is selling for on ebay.Its 350 bucks minimum.I looked at Ni No on the PS store couldnt believe it was 27 gigs.
    Well there is a supply shortage as Namco Bandai oversold the Wizards edition and instead of making more, they are refunding peoples money.

I wish I had it. There is a copy of the Wizard's Companion book that you get in game, and having the hard copy of it would be pretty fantastic. Im usually not a guy who goes and reads lore in games, but i sat down and read the in game book from cover to cover it was so good.