Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

The striking and game feel were incredibly poor, and the animations were terrible. It felt less like MMA, and more like a really boring wrestling game. UFC 2009 was a much better game despite being older but it had some game-breaking balance problems. Still, at least it felt like an MMA game. UFC 2010 was just a broken game upon being released and was probably even worse than EA MMA. I've never played the newest UFC game extensively so I'm not sure how that one is, but the new submission system they implemented (which seemed similar to the one EA MMA was using) looked bad. My appetite for a good MMA game has so far gone unsatisfied. It's a tough game to make though, because the sport is so dynamic. I think if you make it too much of a simulation it'd alienate buyers due to it's complex nature. If you make it too arcadey, you're effectively making a ****ty fighting game with bland visuals. It's gonna be tough to find a good balance between the two.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

how could you ****ers not like GTA 4??? it was brilliant, it just took longer than the rest of the gta's to get going. The DLC for the game as well was just as amazing if not better than the main story. Ballad of Gay Tony was brilliant and Lost and the Damned was great as well

I would rank them

1. San Andreas
    2. GTA 4
    3. Vice City
    4. GTA 3
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

I think what turned people off a little bit about GTA IV was the game sort of drifting away from the more open ended nature of the older games. With the game being more heavy on story it made the game feel more linear. Having less things to do than San Andreas hurt the game greatly as well. If you could get the graphics and mechanics of GTA IV and toss in all the stuff to do on the side and micro management from San Andreas it'd probably be the best selling game ever.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Loved gta 4 9.5/10

GTA IV was a great game but I agree it was missing something. In San Andreas, I loved the way you got ****ed with if you were walking in the wrong neighborhood, you would be confronted and end up having to haul ass or throw down. You can walk all over Liberty City and that never happens.

I think GTA V is going to be insane good.

Playing Far Cry 3 right now and can't get enough of it, ****ing awesome.

Shocked at how good Far Cry 3 is.Always thought they sucked,but this one is great.My 3rd or 4th favorite game of 2012.Pick it up if you dont have it.

Far cry 3 let me get most of the relics and letters and I'm closing down on the last several missions and it started freezing up as soon as i started playing. **** me in the goat ass. Deleted the game data and now i can't reinstall it. Can't get into the PlayStation store at all. How am.i going to fix this or download new maps for blackops2?

Fc3 is great otherwise. The forums suggest a lot of people having the same issue

8. Default

With GTA V going back to Los Santos I think they will also bring back a lot of what made San Andreas so much fun.
    I think they saw what Saints Row did in being completely retarded with the crazy **** you can do and people loved it or hated it. My hope is that they can balance the craziness of SR with the story and atmosphere og GTA IV.

If there is a special edition I am sure I will be getting that.

I LOVED San Andreas and played the sh1t out of that game. Couldn't get in to GTA 4 - I have it but haven't really played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The striking and game feel were incredibly poor, and the animations were terrible. It felt less like MMA, and more like a really boring wrestling game. UFC 2009 was a much better game despite being older but it had some game-breaking balance problems. Still, at least it felt like an MMA game. UFC 2010 was just a broken game upon being released and was probably even worse than EA MMA. I've never played the newest UFC game extensively so I'm not sure how that one is, but the new submission system they implemented (which seemed similar to the one EA MMA was using) looked bad. My appetite for a good MMA game has so far gone unsatisfied. It's a tough game to make though, because the sport is so dynamic. I think if you make it too much of a simulation it'd alienate buyers due to it's complex nature. If you make it too arcadey, you're effectively making a ****ty fighting game with bland visuals. It's gonna be tough to find a good balance between the two.
    UFC Undisputed 3, for me, is almost perfect. I'd give it a 9.5. It really is that good. It has to be played on the Simulation Energy setting though, otherwise it's just an arcade button masher.

Before I'd actually played with the new Submission System, I already hated it. After playing it, I feel exactly the opposite. I think it's a very clever game of cat and mouse, and in many ways, replicates the small windows and timing required in BJJ. I would never change this system for the world now, and I was always very proficient with the old 'shining' technique.

The new UFC offers so much more individuality of the fighters, and also rewards real life technical focus. Mixing up combination by using natural balance and switching of weight is beautiful. The new Bob and Sway system if very good as well, as is the impact produced when rolling with the shots and returning fire with relevant momentum.

I've played all the UFC games to death, and EA MMA (which I didn't like) but hands-down, UFC 3 is on a different planet. In my 30 years of playing video games, UFC 3 is one of my favourite games of all-time. Played on the right settings against well-rounded players, it's an incredible experience.

Enjoying Far Cry 3 and the new Hitman game also.
    Last edited by Wanderlei; 01-28-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    Kill or be killed.......