Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Apparently Aliens: Colonial Marines was awful. Glad I passed at launch. If it gets patched up, I'll pick it up a year from now on Steam with all the DLC for like $7.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Heard it was because of some nasty outsourcing work, project management failures, and Sega getting really pissed at them.

I still havent opened Hitman,Resident Evil 6 and god knows what else yet.About Colonial Marines,it makes you wonder if Borderlands was dumbluck for gearbox.Duke Nukeum was a pile of **** too.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    I still havent opened Hitman,Resident Evil 6 and god knows what else yet.About Colonial Marines,it makes you wonder if Borderlands was dumbluck for gearbox.Duke Nukeum was a pile of **** too.
    In short, what happened was that Gearbox had to pick to either focus on Aliens or Borderlands 2. They decided to pick Borderlands 2 and let some other company deal with it. Delay after delay after delay... Gearbox used it to finish Borderlands 2 before picking up the slack on Aliens and what the company left them... was a complete disaster. I hear they only had about 2 to 3 months left before launch and Sega was breathing down their necks.

If you own a DS though, Aliens: Infestation was very good.

I don't understand why SEGA would be such cocks about it. They've been in the game long enough to know delays happen, and that awful games don't sell **** unless they're XBox exclusives. Then again, SEGA is run by notoriously stupid people.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't understand why SEGA would be such cocks about it. They've been in the game long enough to know delays happen, and that awful games don't sell **** unless they're XBox exclusives. Then again, SEGA is run by notoriously stupid people.
    I believe it's a matter of Sega running out of patience and good will after yet another delay. I believe that the project was first announced in 2008... and it's been pushed back to the point that its release date was a few days ago. That's a very long time and I think it's similar to Team Bondi and LA Noire in that the publisher was now stepping in and telling them to get their act together.

Tons of **** reviews for Aliens and then EGM gives it 9/10.Payola anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Tons of **** reviews for Aliens and then EGM gives it 9/10.Payola anyone?
    Definitely. It's why I don't put stock on reviews anymore. You are better off watching videos of the gameplay and making a decision yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    Definitely. It's why I don't put stock on reviews anymore. You are better off watching videos of the gameplay and making a decision yourself.
    This. I always go to Twitch Tv and watch the opening day game play before I decide to purchase.

The Aliens game does look pretty sh´tty and outdated. The graphics are decent but the gameplay looks very unoriginal. I'm passing on that.