Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default MFC Longtime Coming: John Alessio-Paul "Semtex" Daley Discussion Thread

MFC from Edmonton, Canada is tonight at 10 PM EST/9 PM Central:

John Alessio vs. Paul "Semtex" Daley
    Roger Hollett vs. Emanuel Newton
    Derrick Noble vs. Ariel Sexton
    Kyle Sanford vs. Joey Gorczynski

Prelims:
    Mike Bruno vs. Kyle Dietz
    Mike Sorensen vs. Ryan Machan
    Aron Lofton vs. Jason Kuchera
    Colby Snyder vs. Josh Russell (Jason Macdonald's Trainer)
    Alain Hernandez vs. Gavin Neil
    Ryan McGillivray vs. Elliot Duff
    Nolan Clark vs. Jesse Clarke

http://www.hdnetfights.com/mmaonhdnet.php

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I really like Alessio, I think they robbed him in the Diego fight. He's a UFC-level guy that really should be fighting in the UFC.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I really like Alessio, I think they robbed him in the Diego fight. He's a UFC-level guy that really should be fighting in the UFC.
    How can you get robbed when your opponent is on your back the entire fight?

I think Diego would destroy Alessio now...Diego looked very ill in that first fight.

Alessio is a talented guy, but in NO WAY did he win that Diego Sanchez fight.

He is UFC level, but he'd be lost amongst the substantial talent at 170.

Speaking of Diego, looks like he's planning on heading to 155 again, perhaps this time for real.

Huh? He took the first two rounds of that fight really easily. He was like Lyoto in that fight. The 3rd went to Diego, cos he got on his back. You should rewatch the fight, boys.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrapple View Post
    How can you get robbed when your opponent is on your back the entire fight?

I think Diego would destroy Alessio now...Diego looked very ill in that first fight.
    I thought Alessio easily won that fight but Deigo got the Cheap TUF Kid Decision.

Giving up your back is not necessarily a bad position. (Just look at Sakuraba's kimura's from the back).

Also keep in mind that Alessio was standing up with Deigo Koalaed up on him. Which is a much better position then being on your back on the ground.

Alessio was actually mounting offense from his back with the armbar attempts that were giving Diego fits. Deigo was on the defensive.

Huh? He took the first two rounds of that fight really easily. He was like Lyoto in that fight. The 3rd went to Diego, cos he got on his back. You should rewatch the fight, boys.
    Perhaps I will have to check the fight out again, boy, as I remember the fight being close but I had Diego winning. I may have this confused with the Diego/Diaz fight which Diego IMO clearly won but people bitched about Diaz winning that one. This was quite a while back, so if I find it somewhere I'll give it a look.

Daley missed weight by 4 lbs, weighing in at 174 lbs. He forfeits 25% of his purse.

I got Allesio in this one. Better camp, better fighter all-around.
    August 3, 2009 - Never Forget. We'll Miss You Snakerattle.

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmydog View Post
    Daley missed weight by 4 lbs, weighing in at 174 lbs. He forfeits 25% of his purse.

I got Allesio in this one. Better camp, better fighter all-around.
    Daley's cheating. 4 lbs overweight, he didn't even try.

I think their needs to be some kind of point deductions (if it goes to decision) when you come in so over weight. Like lose 1 point for each lbs over the limit.

Semtex didn't make weight but fight will go on.

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2008...fined-25-purse