Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

So now the NHL players are going to vote today to dissolve the union!?!? NHL is taking them to federal court over it!?!? Can anyone clarify whats going on here? I swear dude, this is killing my hockey spirit, and i never thought such a thing was possible..

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    So now the NHL players are going to vote today to dissolve the union!?!? NHL is taking them to federal court over it!?!? Can anyone clarify whats going on here? I swear dude, this is killing my hockey spirit, and i never thought such a thing was possible..
    Posturing. It's the same thing that led to settlements in NBA sand NFL recently.

Alright Din.. The players have voted to dissolve the union, and now the executive board has until Jan. 2nd to decide whether or not to file anti-trust lawsuit on the NHL.

This is still just 'posturing'?

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    Alright Din.. The players have voted to dissolve the union, and now the executive board has until Jan. 2nd to decide whether or not to file anti-trust lawsuit on the NHL.

This is still just 'posturing'?
    It's part of the process NBA players went through to reach agreement. It puts more pressure on the owners. Having said that, no one knows what's going to happen now. The owners got most of what they wanted. Are they really stupid enough to cancel a season? How many US franchises bite the dust if that happens? The greed, arrogance and total contempt for fans is sickening.

Could it be? Is the G.D. lockout actually over?

NHL, players' union reach tentative deal to end lockout

2 sides agree on new 10-year CBA with opt-out after 8 that ends months-long standoff

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...s.html?cmp=rss

Remember, we shouldn't get excited. We should remain pissed off with these rich jokers for a long time after betraying the fans like they did. Hold that grudge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Could it be? Is the G.D. lockout actually over?

NHL, players' union reach tentative deal to end lockout

2 sides agree on new 10-year CBA with opt-out after 8 that ends months-long standoff

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...s.html?cmp=rss

Remember, we shouldn't get excited. We should remain pissed off with these rich jokers for a long time after betraying the fans like they did. Hold that grudge!!!
    My grudge wouldve been concrete had there not been a season. But all signs point to hockey starting Jan. 19th. Such great news!!

I guess this belongs here (saw it on someone's FB wall and it made me chuckle):

I met a genie today who granted me one wish.

"I want to live forever," I said.

"Sorry," said the genie. "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that."

"Fine," I said. "I want to die after the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup."

"You crafty bastard!" said the genie.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    I guess this belongs here (saw it on someone's FB wall and it made me chuckle):

I met a genie today who granted me one wish.

"I want to live forever," I said.

"Sorry," said the genie. "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that."

"Fine," I said. "I want to die after the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup."

"You crafty bastard!" said the genie.

Well played..

Felt like a little kid again last night, watching HNIC/Wings games. I dont care how many people want to bash hockey or say they dont care about it, its simply the best.

Jagr 2 goals, 2 assists..
    Lecavalier 1 goal, 1 assist..

The hockey gods were smiling upon me and my favorite players last night. Except, he may have forgotten about Hockeytown? Wings look like a mess. After their arrogance/failure in free agency, i dont see them as playoff capable.

Even though I'd still like to give each of the owners and players a kick in the nuts, I am monitoring the outcome of the games carefully because my wife's workplace has a huge player pool worth big bucks. She had me fill it out for her. It took me about two and a half hours yesterday to get it done. So, naturally, I'm looking to accumulate points with many of the games played now.

It's one of those pools where you pick 20 players (12 forwards, six defensemen, one goaltender and one enforcer). You get a $69 million salary cap. I picked three guys from the Edmonton Oilers who come cheap (Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Taylor Hall) because I think they're going to light things up this season. The Oil have a lot of young firepower in their line up.