Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

You know what they say about musicals: hags and ***s. Stars, audience, fans, everything.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I feel the same way. I just can't handle musicals in any way, shape, or form.
    Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    I'd rather blow DHK than watch a fukking musical, and I'd feel a lot less gay.
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, that's two standing offers to blow DHK. That ought to make his day!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, that's two standing offers to blow DHK. That ought to make his day!
    DHK will probably put a musical on in the background just to be an ass lol

Jack and Jill - One of the worst movies I have ever seen. It's up there with Zohan for complete garbage.

The old Gene Kelly musicals are great! So is grease, Fame and A Chorus Line. Les MisÚrables was not.

Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet - one of the most amazing, depressing, life affirming films I can recall.

Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet - one of the most amazing, depressing, life affirming films I can recall.
    Glad you mentioned this. I meant to recommend it here. It's absolutely heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. The special features are worth the price of the disc alone (particularly the clip of a 17 year old Becker absolutely blowing minds in some coffee shop). I had both Cacophony albums, the Roth album and all of the recent Becker albums, but was shocked (and a little embarrassed) to find that not only did I not own a copy, but had never actually listened to Jason's Perpetual Burn. Immediately after watching the movie I tracked one down, and was blown away. One of the most impressive, instrumental guitar albums I've ever heard. I can only imagine how influential this guy would have been and how amazing he'd be if he were still playing today.

Shammy, I'm really embarrassed to say I never heard of Jason Becker before today. I was looking for new progressive metal bands, ended up at a link to metalstorm.net listing the top 100 progressive metal albums, and some dude I never heard of named Jason Becker was listed at #2 for something I never heard of called Perpetual Burn. I listened to it on YouTube, wikied him, and dowloaded the movie, and just watched it. A lot changes in a day. I cannot believe I never heard of him before. He reminds me so much of Randy Rhodes; not his style, but his huge talent being cut short, and general all around good guy persona. What a loss those two guys are, even though one is Not Dead Yet.

Stand Up Guys - I can't imagine a scenario in which I could make it past the 30 minute mark of this geriatric turd.

Shammy, I'm really embarrassed to say I never heard of Jason Becker before today. I was looking for new progressive metal bands, ended up at a link to metalstorm.net listing the top 100 progressive metal albums, and some dude I never heard of named Jason Becker was listed at #2 for something I never heard of called Perpetual Burn. I listened to it on YouTube, wikied him, and dowloaded the movie, and just watched it. A lot changes in a day. I cannot believe I never heard of him before. He reminds me so much of Randy Rhodes; not his style, but his huge talent being cut short, and general all around good guy persona. What a loss those two guys are, even though one is Not Dead Yet.
    This one had been on my radar for a few years, but the filmmakers were having difficulty getting it made (money). It finally just came out a few weeks ago. I was really into Becker in the early nineties and was so excited when he got the David Lee Roth gig, but it was just tragic when he was barely able to finish the record and ultimately had to quit before the tour. He would've been huge. I sent him a letter years ago (when people still wrote letters) telling him how inspiring he was not as a player, but as a human being. His mom sent me a 8x10 picture with a really nice, hand written response on the back. I had forgotten all about it, but I dug it up after I watched the film. Although I know in my head that it's impossible, part of me fully expects him to make a full recovery some day. The guy is just that positive.