Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    Hopefully people can get through the next episode. The critics that watched the series said it was still setting stuff up with the first episode and is probably the slowest of the bunch. By episode 5 and 6 it supposedly gets awesome.
    Man if that was a slowest episode, then this show is going to be ridiculous. Has it stayed pretty inline with the book so far? Or is it still to early to tell?

I was a bit leary of Sean Bean at first because I thought he looked too similar to his role in LOTR and I didn't like him in that, but he's killed it so far as Ned (who just seems like a badass character).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TadMcCowski View Post
    Man if that was a slowest episode, then this show is going to be ridiculous. Has it stayed pretty inline with the book so far? Or is it still to early to tell?

I was a bit leary of Sean Bean at first because I thought he looked too similar to his role in LOTR and I didn't like him in that, but he's killed it so far as Ned (who just seems like a badass character).
    Yes, it has followed the book VERY well. There are a few characters that I think are a bit off like Illyn Payne the headsman. He is a bit older than I thought he would be and smaller. Just little stuff to nitpick on really, and its going faster than the book obviously. Like when The Hound rides by with the butcher's boy on his horse. They told the story of how the hound rode him down even though he didn't need to etc..

I am very pleased so far. I think they ahve followed the books as well as possible. The best book by FAR so far has been book 3 Storm of Swords. I am hoping they get greenlight for season 3 for sure. Season 2 is already approved and getting under way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just saw the premier and was blown away! What an awesome new show. How can any guy not love this ****!?!?!

Its going to be great reading about the reactions of people that haven't read the books. Its going to be a really great show.

I'm pretty excited for tonight's episode. I know someone who has read the entire series and wants to fill me in on stuff, but I'm pleading with them not to. They're one of those people who just LOVES to spoil things though, so it might be tough to make it through multiple seasons with out having things ruined.

Maybe I should just check out the books? (yeah right, like I read).

I'm pretty excited for tonight's episode. I know someone who has read the entire series and wants to fill me in on stuff, but I'm pleading with them not to. They're one of those people who just LOVES to spoil things though, so it might be tough to make it through multiple seasons with out having things ruined.

Yea don't let them spoil anything. Its going to start getting really good.

The books are juicy. It might be a fun experiment to "read as you watch". Get Game of Thrones and read up to where the latest episode left off, then rinse repeat every week.

Sexxxxxxy, sexy momma.

was Virginia, now georgia, now connecticut! (as of 2011)

i am def taking that advice...just went to the used bookstore today and bought the series lol.

great series, and watching episode 3 as i type!

james-

Giving this a shot tonight, downloading episode 1 right now. Not usually a big fan of the medieval/fantasy setting this show seems to take place in (as nothing really compares to Berserk in that regard), but it's HBO, so I'm hopeful I'll enjoy it.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

I picked up the first book and I am just getting to what looks like this coming Sunday's episode will be covering. I'm very impressed with the dialog mostly coming straight from the book thus far.
    RIP Cammy