Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 341 of 710 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 7095

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mondo View Post
    Any reason given? I know he completely **** the bed against Dantas, but he's won a fight or two since then, correct?
    No, he lost once more since the title fight to a scrub named Anthony Leone. I take it that loss was so stunning that Bjorn figured he needs to back to the minor leagues and find himself.

Bjorn did let Dan Hornbuckle seemingly lose 10 straight fights before cutting him so I was surprised.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A Tommy Toehold Christmas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looks like Miller wants to avenge his loss to Gray Maynard:
    http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publ...le_15514.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by JimMiller
    "I guarantee you nobody else is asking to fight Gray."
    I like that call out. It avenges a loss and Miller is right, There aren't a whole lot of guys looking to call out Maynard.

END COMMUNICATION

I like it too.

he's calling to fight him in Jersey, so i'll be there rooting for Maynard!!!!!!!

I applaud Miller for calling our Maynard - but that's a bad matchup to want to take for him.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the UFC sets these matches verbally and tells fighters to start "drama" to see if they can get any backing for it.

Miller isnt keeping Gray off of him.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling that the UFC sets these matches verbally and tells fighters to start "drama" to see if they can get any backing for it.
    it's already been said that they do this

Rory MacDonald said he was told to call out BJ on the mma hour after he was told BJ was interested to fight him. Bj took the bait

Vinny Magalahes recently just said that he was offered to fight Phil Davis when Forrest went out, he said only if the fight was at heavyweight because he wasnt in shape. Phil then said that he would fight but not until April.

So Vinny said he told Joe Silva that he still wants to fight Phil but sooner, Joe said to call him out in interviews and such to get the pot stirring

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I applaud Miller for calling our Maynard - but that's a bad matchup to want to take for him.

From a standpoint of simply wanting to get to a title shot, this is probably not the easiest path. But as I see it, you can either eat the bowl of **** now, or you can eat it later. Miller has a few losses on his record. Those are all to worthy opponents (Ben Henderson, Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard, and Nate Diaz), but the big problem is that one of those losses is to the reigning champion, and it was a recent loss. Miller is in danger of becoming a high level lightweight gate keeper, and he is good enough that not a whole lot of guys are looking to call Miller out either.

If Miller does earn a title shot, he is going to have to face Maynard at some point. Avenging a loss is probably good for his ego, and there aren't many guys who can help push Miller back to a title fight faster than that.

END COMMUNICATION

It's a good call out because Miller isnt calling for a title shot. If he were to beat Maynard, you can easily at that point give him a #1 contender fight, hell with the way **** works out. He could even get the title shot if he beat Maynard in impressive fashion or has another fight of the night.

With that said, i think Maynard takes him out. Maynard in my opinion is still the top guy of the division behind HEnderson. I think he beats everyone at 155 from Cerrone to Pettis to Melendez, etc.