Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 343 of 710 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 7095

Quote Originally Posted by Buckery View Post
    Disagreeing with the Travis Lutter comment made me laugh out loud.

Good stuff.
    That was also my favorite.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/186907.html

Tyson Fury call Bisping a pr1ck. Tyson is the same dude that called out Velásquez earlier this week.
    "The power of the people is much stronger than the people in power"

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfofdoom View Post

Tyson Fury call Bisping a pr1ck. Tyson is the same dude that called out Velásquez earlier this week.
    With a name like Fury if he's not related to Nick he's bound to be an angry fellow. I think he should fight Rumble in an openweight fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Apparently this has been around for awhile, but I had never seen it before. Funny stuff.

Good ole Jr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfofdoom View Post

Ive been following this all wk on twitter. At one point he even challenged James Thompson. Tyson is a giant 6'9 Btitish boxer looking to get into MMA. Hes a cross between Tim Sylvia and the Big Show. Built like the Big Show and basically a stationary target that flails occasional and tries to punch through his opponent. Not suited for MMA. My hope is Monson draws him and rides him out for 3 rounds.

Rumoured fight between Hendo and Sonnen somewhere down the line. I didn't bother starting a new thread with the article below (someone else might though) for one reason: if they both have to win their next fights for a match-up to take place between them, then it's NEVER going to happen! If they could possibly fight each other due to both of them coming off loses, then it would be much more likely:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/7/384...ssible-ufc-mma

I didn't read the article, but considering they often train/corner one another, I say not likely.

Pretty sure Hendo actually helped Sonnen on TUF too.

That said, they are both real fighters, and would probably actually enjoy fighting a friend, lol.

Hendo has said that he would fight Sonnen if it came to that, but wouldn't actively seek the fight.

If they both win their matches and the title is on the line - that's the only way I see it happening. No way it happens if they both lose.

Dan Severn talks about a fight he turned down:

"Companies were contacting me from all over the place. I had a pager. I'd get calls and have to be ready with 24 hours notice to get to the airport, to a destination I'd just find out about, transported to a location to be determined, against an opponent I just found out, with a purse I just found out. They were almost all an underground type of thing.

"Once, I had an opportunity to fight in Mexico. It was in a cockfighting pit. The idea of the show was to start with rooster fights, then do dog fights, and finish as the main event with human beings. This organization wanted no rules at all, and you could wear jeans and cowboy boots. I turned that one down. I thought, 'I may win, but I may not get out alive.'"
    Sounds like an epic event!

Whole article is on main page, quite a good read.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/6/...ts-competition

Interesting article, especially his attitude regarding tapping out to strikes:

You see one athlete will turtle up, and the other guy on top is picking angles and choosing his shots until the referee stops it. The mentality is that it’s more honorable to have a referee stop the fight than tap out to strikes. I think if you take a half-dozen or a dozen unnecessary shots, the problems may not show up right way, but they will show up over time. Even the damage I’ve received, maybe five to 20 years down the line, it may come to the surface.