Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 361 of 710 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 7095

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    prob because Rory stomped him the first fight until the end and was relatively new, while Condit really hasn't changed much since then. I think the fight will resemble the first, just with Rory not screwing up this time around. Wouldn't surprise me to see him take a similar approach that GSP took
    Rory doesn't like that type of fight plus he got unfinished business with Condit. I doubt he'll use takedown s to win the fight. This one will be bloody. Condit loves a brawl but Greg Jackson wants him play it safe and that could lose t he fight for Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    prob because Rory stomped him the first fight until the end and was relatively new, while Condit really hasn't changed much since then. I think the fight will resemble the first, just with Rory not screwing up this time around. Wouldn't surprise me to see him take a similar approach that GSP took
    Condit didn't win only at the end of the fight; he dominated the entire third round in a way that was much more impressive than how Rory won the first two rounds.

Guy writes worst MMA article ever; speculated to have never seen either man fight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...anderson-silva
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Random thought that doesn't deserve it's own thread: A lot of fighters thank god before/after/during a fight. They generally use fairly generic Christian phrases and make Christian symbols (like the cross). They often have religious tattoos, I've only noticed Christian ones. Some people see it as a sign of good character, some people find it mildly obnoxious or arrogant, some people don't care... almost no-one sees it as a seriously bad thing.

How do you think the audience would react if someone came out and after a win said "Allāhu Akbar" (basically just means "god is great") or "There is no God except Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger"?

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    Random thought that doesn't deserve it's own thread: A lot of fighters thank god before/after/during a fight. They generally use fairly generic Christian phrases and make Christian symbols (like the cross). They often have religious tattoos, I've only noticed Christian ones. Some people see it as a sign of good character, some people find it mildly obnoxious or arrogant, some people don't care... almost no-one sees it as a seriously bad thing.

How do you think the audience would react if someone came out and after a win said "Allāhu Akbar" (basically just means "god is great") or "There is no God except Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger"?
    The audience will, of course, react in various ways. Some will not react at all, won't flinch. Others, the ones who will generate the most attention, will shout slurs based on ethnic or religious bias. Some will be too drunk to even understand what is going on!

The whole idea of crediting your win to any sort of god is just silly. It creates this idea that your god favored you over your opponent. More often that not, we don't know the first thing about either fighter on a personal level. The guy who lost may be the more kind, caring and considerate person outside of the octagon.

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    random thought that doesn't deserve it's own thread: A lot of fighters thank god before/after/during a fight. They generally use fairly generic christian phrases and make christian symbols (like the cross). They often have religious tattoos, i've only noticed christian ones. Some people see it as a sign of good character, some people find it mildly obnoxious or arrogant, some people don't care... Almost no-one sees it as a seriously bad thing.

How do you think the audience would react if someone came out and after a win said "allāhu akbar" (basically just means "god is great") or "there is no god except allah; muhammad is the messenger"?

u.s.a, u.s.a, u.s.a,....

Hahahahahaha. I'd start chanting that solely for the humor.

Royce was sportin a pretty sweet shirt last weekend at the weigh ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

That shirt isn't referring to Rogaine or Propecia...

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Missing the hipster glasses.