Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Basterds was the one I was thinking.....and Jackie is as well. Damn, it looks like Tarantino really fucked us with Django! :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sexxxxxxy, sexy momma.

I really liked it. It's up there with my fav QT movies. I'd say Inglorious Basterds was my fav with Pulp Fiction a close second and this and not too distant 3rd. Incredible performances by all the leading male actors.

4/5 stars

I loved it too.

Christoph Waltz was incredible. Tarantino sure knows how to cast him.
    Sam Jackson not only did not annoy me, but was actually fantastic in his role.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I thought the movie was fantastic. Waltz's performance is amazing.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Tarantino said in an interview his mom "dated" Wilt Chamberlain. Make of that what you will.

Repent Ash, repent!

That must be why he thinks he black.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    That must be why he thinks he black.
    Yeah, if you read the interview, he talks about how his mom and her "dates" used to take him to clubs and stuff. He thought he was a little pimp, you know what Im sayin?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ained-director

Repent Ash, repent!

Undoubtedly Django is far superior to Texas Chainsaw 3D. Yet which movie was tops at the box office this weekend? That's right, the horror remake. It raked in $23 million versus $20 million for Tarantino's latest.

It was Texas Chainsaw's opening weekend while it was weekend #2 for Django, but still...

Tarantino might go bust with Django at this point. His payday kicks in if the movie does big money and thats looking not so good.

Repent Ash, repent!

So is the world just not interested in a slavery western? Plenty of starpower with Jamie and Leo so thats not the issue. I wonder if the numbers would have been better had it left the revisionist social commentary of slavery behind and just aimed lower and just been a western? Make Jamie a former Buffalo Soldier doing bounty hunter work chasing down a gang of bad guys. Now you have something that appeals to classic western movie fans and doesnt try to push an agenda. Or are black movie goers just not into westerns regardless if it has a black star? Tarantino wanted to make an homage to spagetti westerns but he also wanted to push a social commentary and maybe that was too much. Part of the fun of spagettis is the simple plots and often nonsensical storylines. Im not sure what it says that a slavery revenge movie is not making billions. Is that good or bad?
    Last edited by Cbear; 01-07-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Repent Ash, repent!