Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

While I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll say Tarantino makes enjoyable movies (except for Jackie Brown and the way overrated Kill Bill), but none that I'd ever watch twice except Reservoir Dogs.

I watched it last night, it was good. IMO, it got a little drawn out towards the end, but I liked it.

There's were some pretty funny parts in the movie too.

And Christoph Waltz is now my favorite actor of today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I saw this last night and I absolutely love it. I was already a huge Tarantino fan and this movie just solidified that. I loved pretty much anything about it. The dialogue was as always with Tarantino fantastic and I love that he cast Christoph Waltz again, that man is an incredible actor. It was also fun seeing Di Caprio as the pathetic and unlikable antagonist.
    I will watch it again sometime this week just to see if I missed anything.

About the box office, I can't tell why it isn't popular in America but they're still missing the global box office as it's premiere in most foreign countries is mid to late January. I find that Tarantino is very popular in Europe, at least in Denmark, so the figures should rise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    About the box office, I can't tell why it isn't popular in America but they're still missing the global box office as it's premiere in most foreign countries is mid to late January. I find that Tarantino is very popular in Europe, at least in Denmark, so the figures should rise.
    One thing I've noticed about foreign countries and box offices and stuff is that you guys REALLY eat up the sh1t that flops here in America. Seems a lot of movies that bomb stateside just take the show to Europe and make a killing over there. And if Europe fails - it's off to S/E asia!

When I first moved out to California I was roommates with a dude who was in a boyband in the early 2000s who was a one-hit wonder (if you wanna call it a "hit"). They would qualify as a band that absolutely "flopped." He couldn't get work in America, so he took his solo show (now - imagine this - a solo show from an ex boy band that failed - to Europe and did really well. Then to the Philippines where he was treated like the fvcking Beatles. He came back filthy rich and eventually blew it all on drugs and hookers and was homeless last I heard. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    One thing I've noticed about foreign countries and box offices and stuff is that you guys REALLY eat up the sh1t that flops here in America. Seems a lot of movies that bomb stateside just take the show to Europe and make a killing over there. And if Europe fails - it's off to S/E asia!

When I first moved out to California I was roommates with a dude who was in a boyband in the early 2000s who was a one-hit wonder (if you wanna call it a "hit"). They would qualify as a band that absolutely "flopped." He couldn't get work in America, so he took his solo show (now - imagine this - a solo show from an ex boy band that failed - to Europe and did really well. Then to the Philippines where he was treated like the fvcking Beatles. He came back filthy rich and eventually blew it all on drugs and hookers and was homeless last I heard. *shrugs*
    It's a strange thing, but funny that you mention it. Lots of European bands fail in Europe but some just get insanely big in Asia. There's this sh´tty, Danish soft pop/rock band called Michael Learns to Rock who are utter sh´t and were never anything big in Denmark but they were huge in Asia and toured there often, selling millions of records and playing to sold out arenas.
    I can't off the top of my head really point out any European band or movie that failed here but had success in America.

Of American music that I've read is more popular here, or started out more popular here, are R.E.M., The Killers, Kings of Leon etc. Indie rock is huge in Europe and plenty of bands play their biggest concerts here.

I tried to find a list of American movies or TV series that failed in American but made it big here but I don't know if I'm terrible at Google or something but all I could find was lame "articles" about why Europe is better than America and vice versa.
    Last edited by spasgur; 01-07-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Waterworld and John Carter are two movies that failed miserably in America but made a killing in Europe (to the point where they were considered a success).

I hate Waterworld and turned off John Carter after 10 minutes. Guess I'm more American than I knew !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    I hate Waterworld and turned off John Carter after 10 minutes. Guess I'm more American than I knew !!!!
    Congrats! You made it 5 minutes further than I did.

My daughter is one of those people that enjoys absolutely every movie ever made, and she thought it was horrible. She only watched the 5 minutes with me and it was enough.

9. Default

Watched it last night "for your consideration" and enjoyed it very much until the end....WTF was that **** at the end about??

It was a long ass movie though, had I know it was that long I would have waited until tonight to watch it. I only got about six hours of sleep because of that damn movie =P

Quote Originally Posted by DriveBy73 View Post
    Watched it last night "for your consideration" and enjoyed it very much until the end....WTF was that **** at the end about??
    I also watched it "for your consideration" since it won't premiere here before January 24th.