Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115
  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    I watched it last night, it was good. IMO, it got a little drawn out towards the end, but I liked it.

    There's were some pretty funny parts in the movie too.

    And Christoph Waltz is now my favorite actor of today.
    Jackie, have you seen Carnage?

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  2. #82

    Default

    I don't know why, but for some reason I was predisposed to not like this film. I like almost everything Tarantino's done, but ... maybe because I don't like Jamie Foxx.

    Anyway, within 2 seconds of Christoph Waltz opening his mouth, I already loved it, and never stopped. Fantastic film I can see myself watching again and again. I loved Quentin's little cameo too.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    I don't know why, but for some reason I was predisposed to not like this film. I like almost everything Tarantino's done, but ... maybe because I don't like Jamie Foxx.

    Anyway, within 2 seconds of Christoph Waltz opening his mouth, I already loved it, and never stopped. Fantastic film I can see myself watching again and again. I loved Quentin's little cameo too.
    Yeah I liked his Tarantino's cameo too although it was a little strange. Was he trying an Australian accent there? I also liked his cameo in Planet Terror where his dick rotted off.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    Yeah I liked his Tarantino's cameo too although it was a little strange. Was he trying an Australian accent there? I also liked his cameo in Planet Terror where his dick rotted off.
    I think it was suppowsed to be Ostrollian, but it sanded more Seth Efriken to may.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    I think it was suppowsed to be Ostrollian, but it sanded more Seth Efriken to may.
    Might've been that too.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,274

    Default

    I watched it the other day and Wreck-It Ralph just afterwards. I thought it was a pretty awesome movie. Laughed out loud on more than one occasion too.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  7. #87

    Default

    I just read that Django is closing in on $130 million since opening and that makes it Tarantino's highest grossing film ever. This surprises me.

    Inglorious Basterds hit $120 million. Pulp Fiction brought in almost $108 million.

  8. #88

    Default

    I was interested in films and whether they made money a while back and this is how the maths works (it's all generalisations, but it's generally agreed to be reasonably accurate for eyeballing profitability).

    Outgoing:
    - Production Budget. Can usually be found on websites sourced through articles in Variety and the like.
    - Prints & Advertising budget. Harder to find. Sometimes you can get figures from articles/websites, but usually not. In general it's around 50% of the production budget, the amount they invest in the advertising and distribution usually being proportional to the amount spent on making it.

    Neutral:
    - Subsidies are generally factored into the production budget; whatever the production cost is takes it into account so it makes no actual difference when eyeballing a final figure.

    Incoming
    - 55% of the domestic gross goes to the production. The other 45% goes to cinemas and other related services.
    - 45% of the international gross goes to the production. The other 55% goes to cinemas and other related services.
    - TV deals vary wildly, but generally a film that grosses ~$300m worldwide will get a deal around 5% of the worldwide gross.
    - DVD/BD/Net/Rent sales will vary wildly, but in general after production costs will only net you about 5% of the worldwide gross.
    - Tie ins and merchandising. Varies insanely wildly.

    Django:
    - ~$100m production budget
    - ~$50m advertising & prints budget
    - Likely to end around $150m domestic, with ~$82.5m going to the production
    - Likely to end around $180m international (Tarantino films tend to do around 120% better internationally), with ~$81m going to the production
    - TV & DVD/BD likely to come to around $30m

    So it should make a good $40-$50m, although because we're eyeballing a figure there's no guarantee. It's almost certain to make a profit the investors will be happy with though.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia/Thailand
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Already watched it 3 times.

    Best movie of the year and it is only January.

    Might even be my favorite tarantino film. I love the way he is able to make me love actors I hate. I have never liked Foxx in anything he has done before and he made him a badass as Django.

    SLJ is definitely getting overlooked for his role in the movie too. Initially I assumed he was just going to cameo in a small bit like he did in Kill Bill 2. Instead he really played the part well and the character has a lot of depth for such a small amount of screen time.

    The only thing I didn't like about the film was the Australian accents. It just made zero sense and really killed the immersion of the movie for me (being Australian myself). Why are there these 3 guys with yobbo accents in a ****ing 1800th century American western? It really is the only scene in the movie I disliked.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Muay Thai / BJJ Training Blogs | Worldwide MMA

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,413

    Default

    Christoph Waltz just got the Oscar for best supporting role. Well deserved.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •