Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

I don't think either one of use fits in the Big Ten academically. Rumor is ou an OSU won't go anywhere without each other, so even if ou fit in they wouldn't go without us. The other rumor was when all the stuff was going down the last two seasons SEC wanted ou, but wouldn't allow Oklahoma State to come with. Pac 10 didn't mind taking both, but only contigent upon Texas going too. So we're stuck. As long as Texas stays the conference will be strong. But if the crazy rumors of UT and Notre Dame going Big Ten in 2016 or whenever the contract is up are true, we both could be in a lot of trouble. Only thing that save Oklahoma State is our newfound success in football and the fact that some conferences would be willing to take us to get ou if the expansion to 16 teams happens.

Im sick of all the conference re-alignment crap. I wish everyone coudl and would have stayed put. Everything was good the way it was. Damn money and greed.

As for Nebraska, they recruit nationally. Although they arent on the level of OSU or even UM they do well enough. I know they come into Louisiana to try and get kids that LSU isnt recruiting.

To be honest a lot of the rankings are bit overrated. A lot of kids fall through the cracks. While a lot of the 5 and 4 stars turn into stars many dont. Claiborne wasnt at all highly touted for most of his senior season. Not until a while after his commitment to LSU did he get a fourth star. Same with Honey Badger. Jacob Hester was just a two star. For every Patrick Petersons there are far more Xavier Carters. Kids who are highly touted but never live up to the hype. Although Carter exceled in track at LSU and was an Olympic hopeful at one time. Not sure what he is up to now.

I really respect schools like UW, Boise, etc that can compete at a high level while developing kids who arent quite as highly touted. They find kids who fit their system, have a lot of heart, and work hard.
    RIP Cammy youll be missed bro

What Oklahoma State has been doing is looking at kids productivity in high school rather than a lot of their measurables. A lot of 4 and 5 star guys are good players but with size or speed that they can be monsters at the next level. But it doesn't always carry over. We've been getting in on a lot more four and five star guys, but the bread and butter has been two and three star guys turned into NFL guys (like Justin Blackmon), or at the very least two and three star guys that play a role and don't make mistakes. It's worked out splendidly the last four years or so. I'd rather be pulling in more four and five star guys, but they still gotta be surrounded by the guys that might not be as gifted athletically but have great character and work ethic.

Here is a link to SI article on their preseason top 25. Most of the expected teams at the top. Although a few major surprises, no UF or OSU in the top 25. We know both will be in the top 25 come the actual polls.

I think LSU will receive a lot of preseason love, not sure they will start #1 though. USC and Ou are the media darlings. I think this years LSU team could be even better than last year. We will have a legit QB. Miles love affair with JJ is now over. We will actually have a legit passing threat to go with a pound it down your throat run game. The D will always be a strong suit at LSU. Watch out for Freak Johnson at DT. He will be the next superstar. I like our WRs, only thing is losing Randle could be big. Usually LSU has big WRs, this years group will be small in comparison. Jarvis Landry is starting the season healthy, I expect big things from him.

Cant wait for the start of the season!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a0

6th is too high for UW considering how pourus our D was last year and losing RW. I think we fit better in the 12-15 range.
    RIP Cammy

I love not being ranked. I think this UF program will have the best defense it has ever had. EVER. The offense will be a lot tougher and it will not be the UF offenses of old, but a grinding offense. Lower scoring defensive games this year. I am looking forward to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    I love not being ranked. I think this UF program will have the best defense it has ever had. EVER. The offense will be a lot tougher and it will not be the UF offenses of old, but a grinding offense. Lower scoring defensive games this year. I am looking forward to it.
    I think UF will turn things in around in a year or two. Muschamp will certainly instill a big time defensive mentality. I think he will be an ecellent HC. He just has to bring in his style of players as well as ween out all the trash that Meyer brought in. You guys have talent, yall just need a QB. I expect UF to be back at the top of the SEC with LSU and Bama.

One thing I get a kick out of is looking back to when Rich-Rod came to Michigan, and there was so much talk out of Columbus about how the spread offense sucked and how it had no place in the Big Ten. For some reason I haven't heard any of those comments coming out of Columbus as of late.

Everyone is different. The problem is, most people want to be the same -Alfred Kinsey

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    One thing I get a kick out of is looking back to when Rich-Rod came to Michigan, and there was so much talk out of Columbus about how the spread offense sucked and how it had no place in the Big Ten. For some reason I haven't heard any of those comments coming out of Columbus as of late.

I think people are going to have a natural tendency to question what is unfamiliar. A lot of UF and SEC fans were questioning the spread working in the SEC when Meyer first came over. This is not at all a knock, but the Big Ten is probably the most tradition oriented conference there is. The Big Ten has always prided itself on smash mouth football. So bringing in the small, speedy, shifty guys is a total change to the old school mentality. Sorry if Im wrong, but Im sure I recall Cripp even mentioning something similar to what Im saying, how he much prefer old school Big Ten football.

What I find hilarious is how the Big Ten has constantly criticized the SEC and its so called ethics. Yet, their marquee school brings in the most underhanded coach in the SEC. Columbus will love him though because he will win, but the rest of the Big Ten will despise Meyer. I think in two years OSU will be back at the top of the Big Ten. He just has to work with Miller for a year. Although Rich Rod does have UM on the comeback trail.

In happier news, ou suspends three receivers and a defensive back indefinitely:

http://newsok.com/ou-football-trey-f...rticle/3674029

Hahahaha, eat a dick ou. Rumor was Franks was getting the season while Reynolds was getting 7 games. If I know ou it'll turn into a quarter a piece in the chattanooga state game.