Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default The MOST RETARDED Nic Cage movie?

I thought Face-Off would be hard to top and then along came Ghost Rider. Just when Ghost Rider seemed invincible to greater retardness I find Drive Angry.

I forced myself to watch Drive Angry last night. It was so bad that 5 minutes in my wife laughed and told me no freakin' way is she watching it. So I got the portable DVD player we bought the kids and a set of headphones and watched it on a 7" inch screen. Happy New Year to me.

Is it possible Nic has done anything worse?

Face-Off, while having a retarded premise, was awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Next was lame. I think that's what it was called. Where he could see into the future or something, but didn't want to help anyone.

Ghost Rider was bad but Bringing Out The Dead was AWFUL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5. Default

Isn't season of the witch one his movies? That was one of the worst movies ever.

RIVERSIDE, CA, but from San Bernardino, CA

I liked Gone in 60 seconds..........it was still a sucky movie............

SO basically all his movies were pretty bad.

i don't like Nic Cage or I guess maybe just his movies, no its both.

But what are you talking about, FaceOff was great?!?

Face/Off works if you like Cage and Travolta, I think it's quite an interesting exercise for actors and I wonder why it's not done more often. Doesn't do much else for me. I think with Nic Cage we should be thinking three things; there's a difference when thinking about him as an actor or performer, and his movies separately. I thought Kick-Ass for example was the most retarded film I have seen Nic Cage in, but his performance lifts the thing and in that setting Nic Cage is amazing. Then there's Leaving Las Vegas or Raising Arizona, which are arguably good or even great films but I have a tough time getting on board with his characters, for example I think Leaving Las Vegas is one of the biggest showcases of over the top acting, and he got an Oscar for it. Go figure. His most retarded performance has to be in Peggy Sue Got Married, it's a Coppola film from the 80's, check that one out.

I'm surprised that people are mentioning Bringing Out the Dead, that's a quirky, I think greatly misunderstood film, not perhaps a great film but still a great mystery. After all it's Scorsese.

Oh and the third thing I was going to associate with Nic Cage is that perhaps because he's done so many retarded films we ought to be looking for the great ones, like Bad Lieutenant.

u fools all forgot about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo

Quote Originally Posted by kimura View Post
    I thought Kick-Ass for example was the most retarded film I have seen Nic Cage in, but his performance lifts the thing and in that setting Nic Cage is amazing.
    What!?! He was easily the worst part of that movie. In fact, with a few notable exceptions (Matchstick Men, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord of War and Raising Arizona) he's almost always the worst part of any movie he's in.