Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Fedor vs Bobby Lashley is happening sometime in 2012

another win for Fedor to keep his name out there

bloody elbow

Bobby Lashley may not have gotten a fair shake from the MMA community. He entered the fight game after a career in the WWE and was viewed by almost everyone as a 'poor man's Brock Lesnar'. It's how the WWE fans viewed him when he made his wrestling debut and it's how MMA viewed him as well. During his time in Strikeforce, he was criticized for taking easy fights, with most viewing him as an expensive can-crusher. He'd deflect this accusations by saying that he is new to the business and taking his time to develop. He'd then add that if people had a problem with how he's handling his career, he'd like to fight Fedor instead. Well, it looks like Bobby Lashley will get his wish.

After going 2-0 in 2011 on the regional circuit, Bobby Lashley is reportedly in talks to fight the 'Last Emperor'. Fighter's Only Magazine spoke with Lashley about this potential fight.

"I'm going to throw everything at him that I can. Of course, my wrestling's there, I don't give a damn what he's doing. I'd put my wrestling up there with almost anyone right now."

"I think that my wrestling would trump some of the things that he has. I know he's a great fighter, but if I fought him then of course I'm going to try and wrestle him down... If it was Dave [Bautista], I'm standing and banging with him. I've been doing a lot of boxing."

Lashley would obviously enter the fight as an underdog, though he may have more of a fighting chance than fans would give him credit for. His wrestling is solid for heavyweight and he has displayed some active ground and pound. The big question is: "has he developed in his year away from the public eye?"

For his sake, I hope so. Lashley is an incredibly likable fighter who has some name value. I just hope that M-1 isn't using him to try and still sell Fedor as the fighter he once was.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

For all the fighters who care deeply about their legacy.....Fedore isnt one of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

It's also funny because Lashley wanted no part of Fedor right before Fedor started losing - but is now more than happy to step in to fight him.

"reportedly" and "potential fight" has me convinced.

Now is this before or after he fights Brock

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    "reportedly" and "potential fight" has me convinced.
    Well ...again....like anything else in MMA - this journalism at its finest.

That said, Lashley DID comment on it (and sounded like a tard in the process), which means that he's changed his stance now that Fedor has fallen off a bit.

Sad statement for both of these guys imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Agreed... I cant even remember anymore actually when it was that Lashley announced he was getting into MMA, and i was actually a bit optimistic about what he could do within the sport. This was right around when Brock came in (i think?) and did very well obviously, and i thought that by Lashley's wrestling past, he could at least make a little noise in the sport. Man, was i wrong... This further illustrates how little Fedor actually cares about fighting anymore. I really wish i was a fly on the wall inside the M-1 offices when they bring Kharitonov's name up as the possible next opponent, and it just doesnt happen. Theres gotta be things we dont know as to why this fight wont happen. He is hands down the most practical opponent that Fedor could face next. Imagine how big that fight would be, especially if held in the fighter's native land of Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    Agreed... I cant even remember anymore actually when it was that Lashley announced he was getting into MMA, and i was actually a bit optimistic about what he could do within the sport. This was right around when Brock came in (i think?) and did very well obviously, and i thought that by Lashley's wrestling past, he could at least make a little noise in the sport. Man, was i wrong... This further illustrates how little Fedor actually cares about fighting anymore. I really wish i was a fly on the wall inside the M-1 offices when they bring Kharitonov's name up as the possible next opponent, and it just doesnt happen. Theres gotta be things we dont know as to why this fight wont happen. He is hands down the most practical opponent that Fedor could face next. Imagine how big that fight would be, especially if held in the fighter's native land of Russia?
    I really think M1/Fedore is done with any real competition. He will wind down his career fighting as easy of an opponent as they can find. No version 3.0 fighters for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

I don't really feel bad for Fedor, but I do kinda wish he would've done that UFC run near the end of his career. I also don't understand how you go from being the best HW in the world for years to losing to Dan Henderson in a battle of who has worse boxing technique. His list of opponents since that loss really haven't been as bad as people say I think, but really, he should still be fighting guys much higher ranked than Lashley and Monson.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Well ...again....like anything else in MMA - this journalism at its finest.

That said, Lashley DID comment on it (and sounded like a tard in the process), which means that he's changed his stance now that Fedor has fallen off a bit.

I know that when I think of fine journalism that my thoughts instantly turn to "Bloody Elbow".