Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLee View Post
    Was that necessary?

Well this has become an unpleasant place. It's a Shame really.
    Did I upset you? My previous post was not sarcastic. I really do love this technique and would like to watch a DVD on it.

I have a partner who always gets that on me when im trying to pass lol

Let me start by saying the Ezekiel choke is by far my favorite sub!!! Both methods work, getting it going across the throat finishes people quicker imo, but it all depends on you Gi.... I own 4 Gi's but I only ever try to Ezekiel choke in my beat up old Fuji Judo Gi. When my arms are rested at my side the sleeves come up about 3 inches above my wrist, the shorter sleeves and bigger cuff holes on it give me wayyy more room to get all four fingers in the cuff and more wiggle room to sneak the choke in. I can even do it "the asshole way" by getting my hand in the cuff then bringing my forearm down my opponents face, I busted a few lips doing it this way so I stopped unless someone likes to grab single fingers when i'm trying to go across the throat...
    Last edited by the chip guy; 03-26-2013 at 05:08 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still my favorite choke. Only time I've ever actually put someone to sleep was with this choke. I was rolling with a BJJ blue belt a couple of months ago (one of the very few practices I've been able to attend this year) and caught him with in from inside his guard. I think he knew he was caught, but was frustrated by being caught while utilizing the closed guard and tried to fight it longer than he should have. I was actually shocked how quickly he went out. I think a lot of people try to just push down on the tracea with their forearm, but it just goes to show that if done correctly, it is a very effective blood choke.

I sometimes use it no gi in mount with varying success. I'm a big guy so it works well on smaller guys who have a tough time getting me off them. I mostly used it before when I had trouble really securing a high mount so I could work for the armbar. I would either go for the ezekiel or move to side control and go for the kimura. I still much prefer side control to mount, I feel I have better control there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.