Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Let's discuss a rumoured fight: Cain vs. Mir

This fight has been rumoured for awhile now, so that kind of leads me to believe it's going to happen but they haven't decided on a date yet.

So.... anyone think Mir makes it two full minutes, or does he die the second Cain touches him?
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

If Mir can survive the first round, I think he stands a decent chance at catching Cain with a sub should Cain decide to make this a ground fight.

That being said, I think Cain decides to just stand with him and Mir gets knocked the **** out. That, or he gets pounded out in the first when Cain is still fresh and far too powerful to get caught in one of Mir's subs.

Dana White hasn't liked him of late, I doubt this fight will happen. There is more likelyhood of Mir fighting Werdum if you ask me.
    And I think Mir would last a bit more than 2 min and then get TKO'ed.

I just don't think Mir will be even close to competitive in this fight, in the first minute or at any point. I don't think he'll have any opportunity to submit Cain since Cain doesn't sit in anyone's guard, nor will Mir catch lightning in a bottle like he did against Nogueira who attempted the world's slowest switch.

The fact that this fight should be highly uncompetitive is the one reason why I think it might not happen.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

I don't see one scenario where this fight doesn't end with Cain on top of Mir making his face into mashed potatoes.

i might be mir's only fan, but it is hard to see him winning. mir's stand up is about half as good as he thinks it is. he probably wont be able to land a takedown and get top position. i guess he needs a sweep but that is a tall task.

I have a feeling Cain will fight Cromier/Barnett winner and Mir will beat Werdum just to lose to Overeem and thus announce his retirement

Quote Originally Posted by tyrannor View Post
    Dana White hasn't liked him of late, I doubt this fight will happen. There is more likelyhood of Mir fighting Werdum if you ask me.
    And I think Mir would last a bit more than 2 min and then get TKO'ed.
    I know Werdum said he'd like to fight Mir. I'd prefer to see that fight instead of Mir/Cain. It would be more competitive. I think I'd slightly favor Mir, but Werdum looked really sharp against Big Country.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightShrink View Post
    I have a feeling Cain will fight Cromier/Barnett winner and Mir will beat Werdum just to lose to Overeem and thus announce his retirement
    who knows when Cormier will be healthy to even fight Barnett.

well since i like Mir I, I'll be taking him if this fight happens. Submission in the 2nd.