Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
    [edit]Preliminary card (FX)
    Lightweight bout: Takanori Gomi vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
    Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Vaughan Lee
    Middleweight bout: Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
    Bantamweight bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso
    [edit]Preliminary card (Facebook)
    Featherweight bout: Zhang Tiequan vs. Issei Tamura

As much as I would like to see Ben Henderson get the win here, I just cannot shake the feeling that he wont have anything for Edgar that Edgar has not had to deal with once already.

Edgar has proven to have an excellent ability to recover from being rocked badly in his last two fights.
    Edgar will have a deeper gastank to draw on and just will not slow down.

If Ben Henderson can turn it into a ground war, I think he might get at TKO, but Edgar was able to keep it standing when he wanted to against Maynard.

I think this goes to a decision, and that Edgar does enough to retain the title.

END COMMUNICATION

Funny I'm complete opposite. As much as I would like to see Edgar win, i'm actually worrying Henderson is gonna finish him.

When his fight was first announced I thought bento would run through Frankie, but further thinking has me picking Frankie in a very BJ II esque performance.

Frankie has the advantage in speed, wrestling, scrambles, footwork and a huge boxing advantage.

Bendo has the physical strength advantage and a clinch advantage, but I don't think he has the speed or footwork to get Frankie's back to the cage.

I don't think cardio, chin, or being tapped is an issue for either man, so I think Frankie out points hendo in a fun decision.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think Ben wins this fight. I see him rocking Frankie in round 1 then using his strength to wear on Edgar. This will be FOTN

I see Frankie finishing another tough guy by being the tighter more tested fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightShrink View Post
    I think Ben wins this fight. I see him rocking Frankie in round 1 then using his strength to wear on Edgar. This will be FOTN
    Maynard rocked Edgar badly in two separate fights and did not get the desired result. The only way Edgar loses in round 1 due to strikes is if Bendo can turn of Edgars lights entirely.

I do not think the 'Sprawl and Brawl' gameplan attempted twice by Maynard is the way to get win against Edgar. Something else needs to be tried.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by wgrapple View Post
    I see Frankie finishing another tough guy by being the tighter more tested fighter.
    I really don't see Edgar getting a finish. Hendo is pretty much unsubmittable, and I don't think he gets kod either. I think Frankie can take a lopsided decision. 50-45 or 49-46 in fun close decision is plausible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    I really don't see Edgar getting a finish. Hendo is pretty much unsubmittable, and I don't think he gets kod either. I think Frankie can take a lopsided decision. 50-45 or 49-46 in fun close decision is plausible.
    I agree with that except for the lopsided decision. I think this match will be a close decision. I expect Benson to tag Edgar quite a bit. I expect Edgar to move and strike much like he did in the Penn fights. I just wonder which guy is going to be able to put the other down on the mat more? If Benson won though I wouldn't be surprised.

I think that Bendo's best possible attack plan would be to work leg kicks and teeps on Edgar and force him to slow down for the later rounds. If Bendo can do that and keep it standing it could get interesting.

Also, how good is Edgar's submission defense? I can only recall the last 4 fights against BJ and Maynard, and Edgar seems to prefer to Sprawl and Brawl (where Brawl means engage in good footwork and stick and move). I actually wonder how he would do against someone who can get him to the ground and aggressively work a submission attempt. Mostly he seems to defend against submissions by not getting put on the ground very often or for very long.

END COMMUNICATION