Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 62 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Isaac Vallie-Flagg vs Yves Edwards added to UFC 156 in Vegas

Yves Jabouin vs Johnny Eduardo added to UFC 158 in Montreal
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the reason this thread was created, I present to you the latest bout for the stacked Super Bowl card

Chico Camus vs Dustin Kimura added to UFC 156 in Vegas
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hear alot on twitter about Kimura. I actually want to see that fight.

Sean Pierson vs Rick Story added to UFC 158 in Montreal

(they are adding more welterweights to shuffle when Diaz decides not to show up, that is now a total of six 170 lb fights)
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

UFC loves to the play the game "How many Canadians can you squeeze onto a Montreal card", lol.

^ so true.

While staying on topic I do see Sean Pierson losing to Rick Story any way Richard would like it to play out.

I like Pierson's jab but there's no way he keeps it standing if Story wants it on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    the reason this thread was created, I present to you the latest bout for the stacked Super Bowl card

Chico Camus vs Dustin Kimura added to UFC 156 in Vegas
    I did a quick search on Dustin. He is undefeated at 9-0, most of his fights are with a promotion called X-1. He has 6 submissions, 2 TKO wins. Sounds like a decent prospect. His opponent is 12-3, and has 1 UFC fight. Given Kimura's impressive finishing rate vs Camus getting 5 of his wins by decision, I would be inclined to pick Kimura to win that one.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    UFC loves to the play the game "How many Canadians can you squeeze onto a Montreal card", lol.
    UFC loves local talent in general. When your paying to fly out the fighter plus one or two cornermen, going local helps keep costs down.

UFC 144 had 10 Japanese fighters for 12 fights.
    UFC 134 had 14 Brazilian fighters for 12 fights
    UFC on Fuel (Barao vs McDonald) has 7 UK fighters + 4 European fighters for 12 fights

You may have also noticed that fighters who fight out of the same camp as one of the main event fighters often make up a big chunk of the fight card. When John Jones fights, you end up seeing Greg Jackson in the corner for about 1/3rd of the fights. When Cain Velasquez fights, you see plenty of AKA guys. That just cuts down on the number of corner men that the UFC needs to fly in.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by Buckery View Post
    ^ so true.

While staying on topic I do see Sean Pierson losing to Rick Story any way Richard would like it to play out.

I like Pierson's jab but there's no way he keeps it standing if Story wants it on the ground.
    Sadly, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    UFC loves local talent in general. When your paying to fly out the fighter plus one or two cornermen, going local helps keep costs down.

UFC 144 had 10 Japanese fighters for 12 fights.
    UFC 134 had 14 Brazilian fighters for 12 fights
    UFC on Fuel (Barao vs McDonald) has 7 UK fighters + 4 European fighters for 12 fights

You may have also noticed that fighters who fight out of the same camp as one of the main event fighters often make up a big chunk of the fight card. When John Jones fights, you end up seeing Greg Jackson in the corner for about 1/3rd of the fights. When Cain Velasquez fights, you see plenty of AKA guys. That just cuts down on the number of corner men that the UFC needs to fly in.

END COMMUNICATION
    Yeah, but it is cheaper to fly US/Canada than it is to fly within Canada.
    Silly UFC doesn't realize Air Canada's (almost) monopoly.

Luckily over half of Canadian UFC fighters live in Montreal, lol.