Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

I know you asked about f1 2012.It seems to be the same problem as 2011.Im only thru Monaco since Ive been fairly busy and playing on the professional difficulty.Though my race results havent been anything great,since I go to **** as soon as the tires go off.But,I took pole at China which in the real world would have instantly got my contract offers or at least #1 driver slot,but nope neither one....while driving a ****ing caterham...

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    I know you asked about f1 2012.It seems to be the same problem as 2011.Im only thru Monaco since Ive been fairly busy and playing on the professional difficulty.Though my race results havent been anything great,since I go to **** as soon as the tires go off.But,I took pole at China which in the real world would have instantly got my contract offers or at least #1 driver slot,but nope neither one....while driving a ****ing caterham...
    Are there any real changes between 2011 and 2012?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are some solid improvements over 2011.Strong enforcement of the rules,inregards to causing collisions,crossing the line while exiting the pits,blocking,ignoring blue flags etc.Its also not simply just late braking the cpu to get around them.Marbles building up on the track is another feature I dont remember.Pit menu still the same pain in the ass as years previous.

There are some solid improvements over 2011.Strong enforcement of the rules,inregards to causing collisions,crossing the line while exiting the pits,blocking,ignoring blue flags etc.Its also not simply just late braking the cpu to get around them.Marbles building up on the track is another feature I dont remember.Pit menu still the same pain in the ass as years previous.
    Some of the stuff do sound good, IMO. Hearing about the pit menu is definitely a disappointment. I hope they introduce something like SmartGlass, PS Vita/PSP, Ipad, Android integration for pit control.

Being unable to adjust the gear ratios is driving me crazy.being on the rev limiter half way down a straight is inexcusible.I also have the same lack of front end grip and understeer as years past.How am I not able to dial in more front wing in a sim?

The track info where the have a walk thru of a lap is awesome.Really like it on the plus side.Adjusting the fuel ratio another big plus.Big difference in cars from team to team,nice!

Hey race engineer,telling me how far to the car in front,lap times or how much I'm gaining would be very helpful

Being unable to adjust the gear ratios is driving me crazy.being on the rev limiter half way down a straight is inexcusible.I also have the same lack of front end grip and understeer as years past.How am I not able to dial in more front wing in a sim?
    This sounds like a huuuuuge oversight. I seem to remember older F1 games allowing these sort of changes. I know F1 2009 had this.

F1 2012 is quite simply the best VG the series has ever put out.. Ever..

I dont know what you mean by the gear ratios?? Right in the manual car setup menu the adjustments are all there for every gear

As far as F1 video games go, I will say is that F1 2009 was a lot of fun and F1 2010 was infuriating for its bugs and glitches. Geoff Crammond games are one of the finest ones for me. I still have GP3 and GP3 2000 discs here in a box, if I ever feel the need for an F1 fix.

EDIT:
    I will wait patiently until I get a Codies F1 game... preferably when their license expires.
    Last edited by niniendowarrior; 01-02-2013 at 08:36 PM.