Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

I surfed the Codemasters forum when F1 2012 was released to find the bugs/complaints, and Crammond's name was thrown around a bit. IDK, im not saying Codemasters crafted a perfect game.. Far from it. Still some pretty lousy bugs, but the overall product beats anything ive ever touched pertaining to F1 anyways..

That being said, i was never a PC gamer.. So ive never touched Crammond's GP releases

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    I surfed the Codemasters forum when F1 2012 was released to find the bugs/complaints, and Crammond's name was thrown around a bit. IDK, im not saying Codemasters crafted a perfect game.. Far from it. Still some pretty lousy bugs, but the overall product beats anything ive ever touched pertaining to F1 anyways..

That being said, i was never a PC gamer.. So ive never touched Crammond's GP releases
    The presence of modern F1 simulator games takes its roots back to Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix games. My first introduction was GP3 demo in 2001 or so and it was so eye-opening that all the other F1 games I've played felt like childs play. GP3 wasn't perfect, but it eschewed all the graphical flare for a game that absolutely felt authentic. It would be silly to say it's like driving the real thing, but it was tough, felt right, and was downright complicated.

Shame that Geoff retired after GP4 because I would pick up his games without blinking.

Codies F1 games sure are marginal improvements over games of old, but there's nothing eye opening here. It wasn't like the heavens opened as it was with Geoff's games: a game where AI drove hard but fair, and a physics system that kept you honest. Before it, all the other games were odd. I was shocked that F1 2010 had instance of on-rails driving. Just shameful considering what's been done in past F1 games.

I will probably get the last F1 game Codies makes... it makes it the best Codies could ever realistically churn out. The one thing Codies has over all the other F1 games is the career mode... and it seems that after 3 games in, they still cannot come up with a good balance of career progression.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here's a good one.pick a rival and if you beat him over 7 races or something you are offered his ride.Boy that is dumb.I really do like the game though.Im working so I'm not sure about setting taller gears couldn't find it and read similar tales.Id give it an 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Here's a good one.pick a rival and if you beat him over 7 races or something you are offered his ride.Boy that is dumb.
    That is not how F1 careers work.

Here's a good one.pick a rival and if you beat him over 7 races or something you are offered his ride.Boy that is dumb..
    Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    That is not how F1 careers work.
    I hear you guys.. Definitely not what you would find in real world F1, but it doesnt ruin anything for me.

Codemasters has actually made some solid improvements this year in career mode. Gone are the silly press interviews that affect your career progress. F1 2010 was great for me because it was the first release since Championship Edition in 2006, so it got my affection by default.

The 'car on rails' thing is long gone by now fwiw niniendo..

And you need to play on Legend difficulty with car setups from youtube sloan.. I guarantee you that you wouldnt have to worry about other offers racing for one of the bottom 3 teams because youd never finish higher than 18th. I bypassed those teams because the cars dont have KERS. Im in a Force India in year one and only 4 points behind 10th place Massa, who im in one of those rival challenges with..
    Last edited by ATroms; 01-03-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    I hear you guys.. Definitely not what you would find in real world F1, but it doesnt ruin anything for me.

Codemasters has actually made some solid improvements this year in career mode. Gone are the silly press interviews that affect your career progress. F1 2010 was great for me because it was the first release since Championship Edition in 2006, so it got my affection by default.

The 'car on rails' thing is long gone by now fwiw niniendo..

And you need to play on Legend difficulty with car setups from youtube sloan.. I guarantee you that you wouldnt have to worry about other offers racing for one of the bottom 3 teams because youd never finish higher than 18th. I bypassed those teams because the cars dont have KERS. Im in a Force India in year one and only 4 points behind 10th place Massa, who im in one of those rival challenges with..
    I don't think the career rivalry thing doesn't ruin much for me. I just find it utterly silly. F1 2010 was decent for me, and became utterly unplayable by their bugs and glitches. I don't look for the annual upgrades now with F1. Project CARS has my full attention. I'll wait till Codies' license expires.

Im thru India,I think thats about round 14 or so?My list of accomplishments
    1.Pole position
    2. two fast laps
    3. 2nd place finish at Korea
    4. 3 top 10 finishes
    5.Up 5 to zero over Heikki in all race stats and that gets me....
    Still not the #1 driver at Caterham
    Best rides offered,Toro Rosso,HRT,Caterham...

Im thru India,I think thats about round 14 or so?My list of accomplishments
    1.Pole position
    2. two fast laps
    3. 2nd place finish at Korea
    4. 3 top 10 finishes
    5.Up 5 to zero over Heikki in all race stats and that gets me....
    Still not the #1 driver at Caterham
    Best rides offered,Toro Rosso,HRT,Caterham...
    Now thats baffling.. Im only through Spa and im at equal status with Di Resta, up 3-2 in race stats, and was offered an immediate contract to switch to Sauber midway through the season but i declined..

Up the difficulty man.. Or download professional difficulty patch that makes the cpu cars nearly 2 seconds faster in qualifying and race. No way youd achieve any of that, in that car, on the higher difficulties.

I have it on professional,I dont have the time to play for hours to be lapped endlessly by the cpu.I understand that would be closer to real life but that isnt what Im looking for.Again,its a simple gripe of doing great things for a crummy team and yet they either keep raising the goals which is dumb or I cant get any offers.Finished my 1st season,didnt get a single offer.Caterham it is for season2....but at least Im #1.
    Also rolled the dice on a wet weather set up at Yaz marina.Was leading the majority of the race on when it paid off and I was the only one who started on inters.Race let up,but was still coming down.Everyone switched to options,my tires went off in an instant and I couldnt even get back around.Almost smashed the controller on that one.

1. I have it on professional,I dont have the time to play for hours to be lapped endlessly by the cpu.I understand that would be closer to real life but that isnt what Im looking for.

2.Also rolled the dice on a wet weather set up at Yaz marina.Was leading the majority of the race on when it paid off and I was the only one who started on inters.Race let up,but was still coming down.Everyone switched to options,my tires went off in an instant and I couldnt even get back around.Almost smashed the controller on that one.
    1. I hear ya.. In essence, what youre looking for is an adaptive contract offer system that bases itself off your performance per season, regardless of the difficulty. This way, if youre an F1 supernova, you belong with one of the big teams almost immediately. This would honestly make more sense across the board.. Because for people like me who play on Legend, if i were to impress that greatly on the hardest difficulty, in a less than stellar car, then i would feel like i deserve offers from the big teams immediately also. Its just that its impossible to do it in year 1 on Legend, so the lack of offers isnt as frustrating to me. But i get exactly what youre saying..

2. Duuuude.. I had an unbelievable run going in Germany. Very similar to what you state. I was 2nd with 6 laps to go, and all of the sudden, a greasy track turned into an ice rink for me (on wets) because it was now all the sudden time to switch to inters.. No heads up from pitlane, no visual signs of track drying on screen. I literally had to crawl around corners or id spin it everytime. From 2nd down to 13th is what i finished because of that nonsense, because i had 11 cars stacked up behind me.. Who, of course, made the switch to inters the lap before. This is hands down the most frustrating aspect of the game this year.