Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

I never saw what they were paying Lewis,but figuring they must have backed up an armoured car to his front door,I figured they would go on a spending spree to find some speed.Odd that Mikka says speed is the problem.The Engine has always been a monster,but the chassis has been a turd,now they seem to have multiple problems.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    I never saw what they were paying Lewis,but figuring they must have backed up an armoured car to his front door,I figured they would go on a spending spree to find some speed.Odd that Mikka says speed is the problem.The Engine has always been a monster,but the chassis has been a turd,now they seem to have multiple problems.
    What I hear is that Merc didn't necessarily pay Lewis more money, but Lewis has this internal beef with McLaren because McLaren has restrictions on sponsorship and driver deals. Lewis wants to make his own brand and have his own stuff that McLaren didn't allow him. I think Merc offered less money, but the flexibility they allow means Lewis could get more money than he would in McLaren.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah its coming back to me,I remember hearing it was also a big deal to Lewis that Mclaren kept the driver trophies from the race and he wanted them.You would think they would make him a copy to shut him up.

Yeah its coming back to me,I remember hearing it was also a big deal to Lewis that Mclaren kept the driver trophies from the race and he wanted them.You would think they would make him a copy to shut him up.
    McLaren obviously doesn't feel the need to keep Lewis. I think they learned a lesson with Alonso and that if the driver isn't willing to coexist, it could be detrimental to everyone. Letting Lewis go seems like the logical choice.

Sure,but a team of their level needs to get a driver of equal value or better.Im not convinced Sergio can carry his helmet bag yet.I cant imagine how much of a pain in the ass Lewis must have been behind the scenes.

Sure,but a team of their level needs to get a driver of equal value or better.Im not convinced Sergio can carry his helmet bag yet.I cant imagine how much of a pain in the ass Lewis must have been behind the scenes.
    i imagine he was. He complained about a plethora of things in McLaren, especially when talking about sponsors and McLaren's PR schedule. Sergio Perez is nowhere near Lewis, but that's not what McLaren is looking for. I'm guessing they are building the team around Button this time around. I prefer his calm approach to Lewis' insane maneuvers on and off track.

I think McLaren as a whole will be less of a force without Hamilton.. But will see just as much success with one of their cars with Button as #1. I really like the free flowing design of this year's car too. Already cant wait for the season to begin.

Default F1 2013

Alright, were a mere 3-4 days away from the start of the new season. The F1 threads have obviously been of the most popular on the boards here, so everyone come aboard. Little teaser to amplify the anticipation.

Hyped that cnbc or whatever it is called is showing both practice sessions and a half hour post race show.Should be great.Dont feel like looking up the betting lines right now but Lewis at 8-1 gimme a break.

You hear/see the first promo commercial about a month back on NBCSN??

Radiohead song playing in the background..