Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jones VS Evans trash talking

Is anyone actually buying into this trash talking between Jones and Evans. Im just finding it hard to believe all the bs between two guys who trained together for so long. Any thoughts? http://www.elitemmaclothing.com

I can't say for sure, but I think the fact that they trained together and had a falling out makes it MORE likely that the trash talking is legit. Maybe it is just me, but seems harder to talk a lot of trash (and mean it) to a complete stranger. That kind of trash talk seems more faked than 2 guys who have had a bad falling out. there are obvious exceptions of course.

EDIT: Just found video where they talked about this last night on MMA Uncensored with Evans. One thing I found interesting was how Evans talks about the importance of a "friend for life" vs trash talking. Link below; it's the very first segment about a minute in.

http://www.fightvideomma.com/2012/03...012-video.html
    Last edited by jmose86; 03-23-2012 at 04:32 PM.

i don't buy it. sell the fight.

I hope they are not going to laugh at all the people who bought it when it is all over. If they made up after the fight it would piss of many fans.
    I think the feud is real though, unless Rashad left the Jackson camp for other reasons.

I think it's unprofessional, adolescent, and adds nothing to the sport. I don't watch MMA to see two drama queens go back and forth. Anything happening outside the ring, unless it's training, is irrelevant. Both are coming across like phony idiots, fake hype. The turn that UFC has taken into trying to hype up damn near every fight with added drama that doesn't exist is stupid.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater.

promos to hype a fight? Oh, here is the best one ever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

I have to admit it's occurred to me that if anyone was going to build up a false rivalry it'd be Rashad & Jackson and I'm sure Bones would go along for the ride.

They didn't train together for very long.

Rashad quit Greg Jackson when Bones became the gyms new golden boy and Rashad didnt like being displaced. Rashad then "stole bones moment" a couple times participating in UFC in cage confrontations which pissed bones off. Id say these guys dislike each other pretty highly at this point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Rashad quit Greg Jackson when Bones became the gyms new golden boy and Rashad didnt like being displaced. Rashad then "stole bones moment" a couple times participating in UFC in cage confrontations which pissed bones off. Id say these guys dislike each other pretty highly at this point.
    Um. Thanks for spelling that out? I guess? That's what I meant by manufactured by Jackson & Rashad - that they planned to do those things that you said.

I don't actually think it happened, I was simply saying it's occurred to me and that if anyone was going to do it it'd be relatively savvy game players like Rashad and Jackson.