Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default UFC 146: Dos Santos vs Overeem

MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)

Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem (for heavyweight title)
    Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez
    Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva
    Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
    Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve

PRELIMINARY CARD

Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins
    Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
    Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann
    Dan Hardy vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
    Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
    Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda

BTW, I get that this is an all heavy-weight schedule, but I'm kind of surprised the Mayhem fight is a prelim. He is one of the more recognizable MMA names, just finished headlining a season of TUF, and isn't fighting on a main card? I guess Dana was serious when he talked about cutting him.

This is a piping hot card man, I'm looking forward to every fight. I'm also laying down some serious money.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonrock View Post
    BTW, I get that this is an all heavy-weight schedule, but I'm kind of surprised the Mayhem fight is a prelim. He is one of the more recognizable MMA names, just finished headlining a season of TUF, and isn't fighting on a main card? I guess Dana was serious when he talked about cutting him.
    Yeah, Mayhem really needs to bring it in this fight. But who knows with Mayhem, sometimes he looks stellar, other times he looks like poopoo.

@jedigavin

The most stoked I have been for a card since... I don't know when. Every single fight on this card should be good. My boy Napao is gonna wreck Del Rosario. Not real sure who to pick in a couple of these fights though. I am thinking Mir is gonna get KO'd in the first round unless he can get it to the ground quickly. I'm leaning towards Roy by KO vs Silva. Hunt is gonna put string beans head into the 17th. What is Reem's reach advantage like over JDS? I am just assuming he has one and can wing power punches and kicks from a safe distance.? I really have no clue on the main event but I'm as happy as a puppy with two peters that it's going down.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonrock View Post
    I think Mayhem would have been cut if he didn't have such a following. As for him fighting on the prelims, I think that several of the fighters on the prelims are main card material. Barboza has won four straight, Volkmann has won five straight, Dunham is a top level lightweight and Hardy vs. Ludwig should be a brawl.

As for the main card, I don't see how any of these fights end with both fighters conscious and with their limbs intact.
    Last edited by Duncan; 04-02-2012 at 01:25 PM.

The prelim could be it's own PPV and I'd watch. Great card, from top to bottom.

Damn good line up. If you dont buy this show, not sure what you are looking for in mma.

Sinners repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is a piping hot card man, I'm looking forward to every fight. I'm also laying down some serious money.
    ^ This, I'm significantly amped as well

Some of the preliminary fights are absolutely sick.

I was thinking about this card yesterday, and it may very well be the most stacked card from top to bottom.
    Pineda/brown as the prelim opener?? That's a sign of a damn good card!