Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm pretty sure the ref did not deduct a point.

Why does anything think it should have been a draw?

Everyone thinks Chiesa won Round 1. I assume the point was deducted (ref did the "one point" thing). Which makes round one even. So unless you thought round 2 was a draw, you either thought Chiesa won round 2 and thereby won the fight 19-18 or you thought Larsen won round 2 (really?) which means you think Larsen won 19-18.

Am I missing something? Do we think Round 2 should have been ruled a 9-9 draw therefore the match would be an 18-18 draw? I'm pretty sure Chiesa won both rounds. Since it's only a 2 round fight the deducted point simply changes it from 20-18 to 19-18.

Anyway.

Cruz is clearly a coaching douchebag in the wrestling mold of the likes of Hughes. Not as bad as Hughes, but still. "I don't care if you're injured, keep training hard until you make that injury so bad you have to get kicked off the show!" Gout can be caused by bad diet so I wouldn't be surprised if Tickle really does end up ****ting himself while being pushed. Get a bleeding nutritionist on to that dude - did the doc/medical guy even bring that up? I mean it's not the most common cause, but worth checking out!

Fair enough I can see that happening with the judging. Didn't quite view it like that the first time around.

Not sure what to think about Tickle. Seems his name comes up alot. Friend has gout and he says he wouldn't wish it on anyone. Says its like a hammer being swung at your toes. However it does seem Tickle has many excuses for things and its not just Cruz saying them but his other trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIcon View Post
    Fair enough I can see that happening with the judging. Didn't quite view it like that the first time around.
    What happening? How did you view it? Seriously, I'm baffled as to why this is surprising and want to know what I missed.

Do you just think it should be a draw on the general principle that wrestling is boring?

So I'm guessing I didn't miss anything, but people are just embarrassed they didn't realise unless one round was declared a draw the fight couldn't have been a draw?

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    Why does anything think it should have been a draw?

Everyone thinks Chiesa won Round 1. I assume the point was deducted (ref did the "one point" thing). Which makes round one even. So unless you thought round 2 was a draw, you either thought Chiesa won round 2 and thereby won the fight 19-18 or you thought Larsen won round 2 (really?) which means you think Larsen won 19-18.

Am I missing something? Do we think Round 2 should have been ruled a 9-9 draw therefore the match would be an 18-18 draw? I'm pretty sure Chiesa won both rounds. Since it's only a 2 round fight the deducted point simply changes it from 20-18 to 19-18.

Anyway.

Cruz is clearly a coaching douchebag in the wrestling mold of the likes of Hughes. Not as bad as Hughes, but still. "I don't care if you're injured, keep training hard until you make that injury so bad you have to get kicked off the show!" Gout can be caused by bad diet so I wouldn't be surprised if Tickle really does end up ****ting himself while being pushed. Get a bleeding nutritionist on to that dude - did the doc/medical guy even bring that up? I mean it's not the most common cause, but worth checking out!
    The doc said Tickle didn't have Gout. IMO Tickle is just being a bit of bitch. I don't think he's used to having a coach yet. f I remember correctly he was self-trained up till this point, I think he's being a little whiny because he isn't in control anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljayhu View Post
    The doc said Tickle didn't have Gout. IMO Tickle is just being a bit of bitch. I don't think he's used to having a coach yet. f I remember correctly he was self-trained up till this point, I think he's being a little whiny because he isn't in control anymore.
    Ya, Tickle is a case of boy who cried wolf. He may very well have a badly injured/painful foot but his constant whining up to this point makes it hard for him to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jmose86 View Post
    Ya, Tickle is a case of boy who cried wolf. He may very well have a badly injured/painful foot but his constant whining up to this point makes it hard for him to be taken seriously.
    Definitely. Played football with alot of guys like that. They get "hurt" so much that you never know when to believe them or not. I think Tickle is probably going to light up Proctor though. These fights are hard to pick because even with their fights coming into the house it's hard to pick. This is basically just a gut instinct on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljayhu View Post
    The doc said Tickle didn't have Gout.
    Really? Huh, well in that case I've got the whole thing arse backwards.

*EDIT* I took another look at the episode. The doc says he has the symptoms of gout. So... they're not testing to see if he does? It's not a complicated test. That can be treated without impacting training... although I'm guessing some of the treatments would make you fail an NAC drug test.

Oh wait. America. You guys have to pay thousands of dollars just to test stuff. Never mind.
    Last edited by tantryl; 04-13-2012 at 09:38 PM.

I don't know, i've pretty much liked what I have seen of Cruz's coaching so far. He comes off really good IMO.