• Suga sub

0 0%
  • Suga dec

7 12.50%
  • Leben prays for a double KO

2 3.57%
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmose86 View Post
    Not only that, but also Jones had Rashad's former coaches, who know far more about him than someone can just pick up from training. This is the real story here which has only been lightly discussed.
    I also want to add, despite me not liking either one personally that much, Bones has advantage of getting better every fight, while Rashad has plateaued somewhat. Not that he isn't improving, but his improvements are just honing is already fine skills, rather than learning new ones or patching up "gaps" in his skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeMMAFan View Post
    I also want to add, despite me not liking either one personally that much, Bones has advantage of getting better every fight, while Rashad has plateaued somewhat. Not that he isn't improving, but his improvements are just honing is already fine skills, rather than learning new ones or patching up "gaps" in his skillset.
    Also true. The Rashad Evans that Jones has seen in practice is going to be similar to the Rashad who enters the fight, where as the JBJ that Rashad is familiar with will have progressed along a much steeper curve.

Things seem to have cooled down between them. I will be disappointed if they shake hands before or alter the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrannor View Post
    Things seem to have cooled down between them. I will be disappointed if they shake hands before or alter the fight.
    If Vegas had odds on this I would go all in that they don't shake before the fight; they do shake after; and they are friends again soon. In every interview (including today's presser), when asked about a future friendship they say who knows what the future holds and praise the importance of friendship.

Anyone who has ever had a disagreement understands that people say they will never be friends again, but once things die down that is forgotten(unless you're a woman). So if they are already so open to the possibility of this even before the fight you know that barring future rematch issues they will be best buds one day.

Looked like at today's squaring off Rashad already denied the first handshake:

Edit: Had to repost IMG b/c of bad link
    Last edited by jmose86; 04-19-2012 at 01:34 AM.

I think the important question here is in a fight, whose beard would win?

Video of Jones knocking out a sparring partner a while back. Thankfully Greg Jackson is there to run to the aid of the man down. Or wait...

http://www.fightcove.com/video-jon-j...h-10oz-gloves/

Rashad's real beef isn't with Jon Jones. He never once ever blames Jones for taking the fight after Rashad gets injured, because Rashad knows he would have done the same thing.

If you read between the lines, his problem is with Greg Jackson. He feels Greg betrayed him.

Of course he he has a problem with Jones. He didn't like it when Jones said he would fight Rashad, and when Jones said he used to dominate Rashad in the gym.

Bone easily win this fight, very sure of that

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    I don't see how this ends any way other than Jones by TKO
    About sums it up for me. Looking at Bones last fights and what little Rashad has had recently I don't see how people can even wager on Rashad. I like Rashad but its just not going to happen.