0 0%
  • Yagin dec

1 5.26%
  • Leben predicts no hematomas for Hom

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default UFC 145: Hominick vs Yagin

PPV 10 p.m Eastern
    • Champ Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans (for light-heavyweight title)
    • Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
    • Ben Rothwell vs. Brendan Schaub
    • Michael McDonald vs. Miguel Torres
    • Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
    • John Alessio vs. Mark Bocek
    Prelims (FX) 9 p.m. Eastern
    • Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
    • Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
    • John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
    Facebook fights
    • Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
    • Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski
    • Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Quick KO for homminick

It would have been hard to give him an easier fight. Homminick by ko.

Brown-Thompson should be on the ppv

Blanco-Brimage should be on FX

Hominick-Yagin should be on facebook

I went with Hominick, round 1, tko.

END COMMUNICATION

Despite looking rather beatable lately Hominick is a 8:1 Vegas favorite. Yagin must really suck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxShadow View Post
    Despite looking rather beatable lately Hominick is a 8:1 Vegas favorite. Yagin must really suck.
    I wouldn't say Hominick has looked "beatable". After streak of impressive wins, he had a war with Aldo, then got caught in 5 seconds by the Zombie.

I think he got caught by Zombie because he suffered from what a lot of guys do after they lose to a champ - a need to prove themselves. Hominick rushed in on Zombie with, I assume, a desire to show he was still on the top of his game, intending either a decisive victory or at least a showing that he wasn't afraid and would take the fight to any of his opponents.

The question is whether the Zombie loss magnified the problem or solved it.

Hominick wasnt there mentally for the Zombie fight, he had just lost Shawn Tompkins during his preparation for that fight. He did get caught but i think he wasnt there for awhile leading up to it and caused him to not be smart

I think there's a solid chance, because of all the mental issues here, Hominick is either going to come on too strong or come on too soft. Unlike the Zombie fight, I think he's actually got a solid chance against Yagin if he comes on too strong. Unlike Zombie I don't think Yagin has the talent to put him down if he neglects his defense. So bum rushing might actually work. If he comes on too soft... he still has a chance. Again, I don't think Yagin can implement his game plan for 2+ rounds on Hominick, no matter how messed up his head is.

Which is why I picked Hominick. Even if he comes in with a bad game plan, or a good game plan he executes poorly... Uru****ani, that mother****er is talented. Even if he completely messes up the first 7ish minutes, I imagine his instincts will kick in for the last 8.