1 2.08%
  • Jim by sub

2 4.17%
  • Jim by dec

20 41.67%
  • Leben says FOTN

1 2.08%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

This is a battle of the two toughest names in MMA: Miller and Diaz. The Miller brothers have never been finished in 44 combined fights, and the Diaz brothers have been finished a mere three times in their 56 fights.

This fight is going to be insane.

Both guys are have great striking, an amazing submission game and are incredibly durable. I don't see either of them getting caught in a submission or knocked out. I'm tempted to think Diaz will pick Miller apart like he did with Cerrone, but Miller is probably too smart to let that happen. Either way, I don't think either fighter is getting out of the cage without shedding large quantities of sweat and blood. If I gotta make the call, I'd say that Miller has a slight strength advantage, so I could see him controlling Diaz for a hard-fought decision.

Miller by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
    Last edited by Duncan; 04-23-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    This is a battle of the two toughest names in MMA: Miller and Diaz. The Miller brothers have never been finished in 44 combined fights, and the Diaz brothers have been finished a mere three times in their 56 fights.

Both guys are have great striking, an amazing submission game and are incredibly durable. I don't see either of them getting caught in a submission or knocked out. I'm tempted to think Diaz will pick Miller apart like he did with Cerrone, but Miller is probably too smart to let that happen. Either way, I don't think either fighter is getting out of the cage without shedding large quantities of sweat and blood. If I gotta make the call, I'd say that Miller has a slight strength advantage, so I could see him controlling Diaz for a hard-fought decision.

Miller by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
    Good point on both guys having extreme durability (especially Miller). And for this reason it's great that it will actually be a 5 round main event fight.

I didn't know this fight was five rounds!

I'm not sure who gets the advantage of having two additional rounds, since both guys are always in great shape. I feel like there's more of a chance of a submission later on in the fight.

I kinda favour Miller in this fight. I think he'll spend more time on top of Diaz due to his (Diaz) inability to wrestle. Then we get to hear the lovely chorus of whining here about how takedowns and ground control don't count in a Diaz brother fight. Jim's shown to be fairly intelligent in how he fights, so I don't imagine he'll be standing in front of Diaz, Cerrone-style.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I kinda favour Miller in this fight. I think he'll spend more time on top of Diaz due to his (Diaz) inability to wrestle. Then we get to hear the lovely chorus of whining here about how takedowns and ground control don't count in a Diaz brother fight. Jim's shown to be fairly intelligent in how he fights, so I don't imagine he'll be standing in front of Diaz, Cerrone-style.
    This is kind of my thought. I think Miller will play around on the feet for a bit, but when Diaz finds the range, I think he maintains dominant position on the mat for most of the fight. Wouldn't be shocked to see him take Nate's back a few times and threaten with subs, but ultimately win a fun decision

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo08 View Post
    Next weekend.

Agrees with your thoughts though. Looks like a good card.
    **** Cbear! You got me excited that it was this weekend!

7. Default

If I was voting for who I wanted to win I'd pick Miller but if I was to bet regardless of biases I would have to choose Diaz. Enough can't be said about how he dominated the more than game Cerrone and just because there was no grappling in that fight can't let you be persuaded that he would be in real trouble fighting out of gaurd. It's going to be an excellent match no doubt.

In other related news I saw that nothing has been posted to a poll for UFC 146 Mir vs JDS the link takes you to one if you click it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

You're onto something awesome, tandem-fight! One LW, one WW per team.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    **** Cbear! You got me excited that it was this weekend!

Hell I thought it was this weekend too.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedDude View Post
    If I was voting for who I wanted to win I'd pick Miller but if I was to bet regardless of biases I would have to choose Diaz. Enough can't be said about how he dominated the more than game Cerrone and just because there was no grappling in that fight can't let you be persuaded that he would be in real trouble fighting out of gaurd. It's going to be an excellent match no doubt.

In other related news I saw that nothing has been posted to a poll for UFC 146 Mir vs JDS the link takes you to one if you click it.
    Nate like his brother is very good at fighting someone who fights his game and Cerrone made that mistake. The fights that Nate has lost in the UFC have been to guys like Miller who aren't afraid to go for takedowns and keep Nate off his rhythm.

This fight more than the Cerrone fight will show where Diaz is right now.