2 5.13%
  • Kos by sub

0 0%
  • Kos by dec

12 30.77%
  • Leben says the rasslers will box

0 0%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

seems the bookies are giving hendricks the slight nod, I feel many are playing to reliant on hendricks last performance....or they just want to see kosh knocked out.

otherwise kosh has good mma wrestling, and when hes on point good with striking but I see him avoiding hendricks power and mma wrestling him over and over again to a boring ud and then hugging finch, while finch looks over kosh shoulder and snarls at him....

Koschecks striking is pretty awful and Johnny throws accurate bombs. I'm thinking he stops K-os in this.

Hendrix wrestling pedigree is better than Josh's. Doesn't mean it translates to MMA as well, but I think Hendrix will be in the drivers seat here. This will be similar to the Pierce fight except Hendrix has some serious power in his hands. Hendrix by Dec.
    Have you tried NOT being a mutant?
    *Iceman's parents in XMen 2*

Koscheck is a stupid fighter that's never done the things that are necessary for him to become a truly elite fighter like he has the potential to be. His striking is so elementary, and while his wrestling is incredibly top notch, he is incredibly tentative to use it which probably reflects on his inability to transition from wrestling to striking like a great Mixed Martial Artist should.

Hendricks on the other hand is just as talented. However, he has adapted an incredibly dangerous striking style of his own that's similar to Henderson. While his wrestling has looked weak in the past, I figure it's going to be top notch for this fight as he finally adopts his brilliant collegiate wrestling to the cage. Hendricks is a wrestler that has truly done the things necessary to be a great fighter.

By the way, Hendricks reminds me a lot like Koscheck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by flarg View Post
    Koscheck is a stupid fighter that's never done the things that are necessary for him to become a truly elite fighter like he has the potential to be. His striking is so elementary, and while his wrestling is incredibly top notch, he is incredibly tentative to use it which probably reflects on his inability to transition from wrestling to striking like a great Mixed Martial Artist should.

Hendricks on the other hand is just as talented. However, he has adapted an incredibly dangerous striking style of his own that's similar to Henderson. While his wrestling has looked weak in the past, I figure it's going to be top notch for this fight as he finally adopts his brilliant collegiate wrestling to the cage. Hendricks is a wrestler that has truly done the things necessary to be a great fighter.

By the way, Hendricks reminds me a lot like Koscheck
    That's pretty harsh man, Koscheck has had one of the most successful careers in the sport and he basically started his career in the UFC as a wrestler with zero standup experience.

Fast forward 6 years and he's 15-5 in the UFC against tough competition for the most part. We'll never know but my guess is that Koscheck would of been champion at some point if GSP hadn't had his number both times.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrapple View Post
    That's pretty harsh man, Koscheck has had one of the most successful careers in the sport and he basically started his career in the UFC as a wrestler with zero standup experience.

Fast forward 6 years and he's 15-5 in the UFC against tough competition for the most part. We'll never know but my guess is that Koscheck would of been champion at some point if GSP hadn't had his number both times.
    Yeah, he may be a dick, but you can't knock his skills.
    He has turned himself into a damn good fighter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Yeah, he may be a dick, but you can't knock his skills.
    He has turned himself into a damn good fighter.
    Yeah his personality is still frightfully douchey for someone who has so much to be thankful for in life.

hendricks is a firm favorite in polls and bookies and rightfully so, I still feel kosh will have the more experience and better mma wrestling to make the difference, but its still a coin toss !

According to tonight's beta-test stage formula, Hendricks wins 58% of the time. Most of the lines I've seen wouldn't make it profitable to bet on either fighter. Avoid betting on it IMO.

Welterweight (170)
    [#6] Josh Koscheck (17-5-0) vs. [#7] Johny Hendricks (12-1-0)

Last 3 Fights: Josh Koscheck (2-1-0)
    2012-02-04: W vs. [#20WW] Mike Pierce (13-5-0) via SD (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
    2011-09-24: W vs. [#30WW] Matt Hughes (45-9-0) via KO (Punches) in 4:59 of round 1
    2010-12-11: L vs. [#1WW/#4DD] Georges St Pierre (22-2-0) via UD (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

Last 3 Fights: Johny Hendricks (3-0-0)
    2011-12-30: W vs. [#12WW] Jon Fitch (23-4-1) via KO (Punch) in 0:12 of round 1
    2011-08-06: W vs. [#20WW] Mike Pierce (13-5-0) via SD (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
    2011-03-26: W vs. [#40WW] TJ Waldburger (15-6-0) via TKO (Punches) in 1:35 of round 1

Days Since Last Pro Fight: Josh Koscheck 91, Johny Hendricks 127
    Previous Match-up Record: No previous match-ups.
    Wins Against Common Opposition: Even: Both have 1 win(s) against common opposition.