23 71.88%
  • Paul Harris by dec

0 0%
  • Leben predicts a Paul Harris moment of utter stupidity in the fight

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Feels like paul just toils away mid level and his wins dont elevate him any
    This quote from an interview with Belcher may be very informative.

http://ufcnews.org/injury-layoff-beh...at-ufc-on.html
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanBelcher@ufcnews.org
    “They offered me someone else that I didn’t think was, I don’t know, the right fight for me,” Belcher said. “Joe was kind of like, ‘Well, there’s nobody else unless you want to fight Palhares, and nobody wants to fight him.’ To me, that made perfect sense. I know it’s a dangerous fight, but I knew it would put me where I wanted to be. I really want a challenge.”
    It could be that the only guys taking fights with Palhares are guys who are either feeling like taking a big risk or are too desperate for a fight to turn it down. There is not a whole lot of upside to this fight if its one that you feel carries risk.

Also, it is difficult to create a hype video when the highlight reel is mostly some guy getting his ankle twisted off. Educated fans know that Palhares is dangerous and know that the heel hooks are brutal. Casual fans just wont know what to make of it. Topping it off is the language barrier (hard to build someone up when they speak only via translator).

END COMMUNICATION

I want to say Palhares by heel hook, but I don't know if he will be able to wrap himself around Belcher's gigantic legs.

Harris via rear naked arm Cash choke

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paul Harris should win this, but as suggested, probably only after he kicks Belcher in the nuts a couple of times and pokes him in the eye. Probably still holds the submission far too long as well.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Paul Harris should win this, but as suggested, probably only after he kicks Belcher in the nuts a couple of times and pokes him in the eye. Probably still holds the submission far too long as well.
    Thats just how he was taught. Dont let go till the leg snaps otherwise the water buffalo will escape and the village goes hungry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

I'm taking Belcher by upset tko. He's crafty and I think he can avoid the leg submission. Either way I'm excited to see both these guys fight again.

Strictly looking at their capabilities, I'd have voted Harris by attempted amputation. I think he's overdue for a gamebreaking mental lapse though so I'm picking Belcher to give Harris his own awful tattoo while he's inexplicably confused, or concerned, or
    shocked, or aroused, or all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrapple View Post
    I'm taking Belcher by upset tko. He's crafty and I think he can avoid the leg submission. Either way I'm excited to see both these guys fight again.

Belcher gets big points for wanting the fight and not being afraid to face Paul.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Belcher gets big points for wanting the fight and not being afraid to face Paul.
    Yeah seriously, he most likely could of legitimately asked for a much easier fight without bias given his time off. A win should put Belcher right up there with the top contenders

Quote Originally Posted by wgrapple View Post
    Yeah seriously, he most likely could of legitimately asked for a much easier fight without bias given his time off. A win should put Belcher right up there with the top contenders
    I think a win does move Belcher up a notch but its not likewise. Paul beating Belcher does nothing to move him up a notch in the rankings. Paul is stuck beating mid card guys and staying stuck at that point in the division because apparently none of the bigger names want anything to do with him. And that makes sense because he is far to dangerous of an opponent for a higher ranked fighter to want to face; there is no upside for them. If they win, it doesnt help and if they lose they drop in the rankings and probably have to have knee surgery.

For Belcher its a risk worth taking but the second it hits the ground he needs to be tapping and yelling he submits before he suffers any damage.

Repent Ash, repent!