1 3.13%
  • Paul Harris by leg destroying sub

23 71.88%
  • Paul Harris by dec

0 0%
  • Leben predicts a Paul Harris moment of utter stupidity in the fight

1 3.13%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Apparently Alan Belcher is going to cut his legs off...

Alan Belcher: 'Rousimar Palhares will go for my legs ... and they just won't be there'

"You can't over train and over think it. The more you train, the more you are going to be prepared for it. Where people make mistakes, it's that they don't believe in the power of leg locks and foot locks and stuff. I mean, I was getting a little bit like that myself, but you know, in the Jiu-Jitsu community, you train everything. Leg locks, for years, a lot of people never figured out how to defend them because they'd be, 'Oh, I can't get caught at the high level.' Lately, the last couple of years, foot locks have made a huge comeback and there are some awesome technicians like Rousimar Palhares has proved. So, I think people going into a fight here just thinking, 'Yeah, well, you can't get me in that. I'll just turn out of it or twist put of it and pull my leg out or I will just punch him in the face or something.' Then they get their knee hurt. I'm aware of what I have to do and how dangerous those situations can be. That is something that will give me an advantage. He will feel it right away when he tries to grapple with me or go for my legs. They just won't be there, I will block and avoid, break him down and really frustrate him. I am going to surprise some people."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/1/299...sion-heel-hook

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    haha...

Quote Originally Posted by jmose86 View Post
    haha...
    It's remarkable how you have a YouTube clip for every occasion.

It's remarkable how you have a YouTube clip for every occasion.

I can deliver my replies in image form as well.

Alan Belcher: 'Rousimar Palhares will go for my legs ... and they just won't be there'

"You can't over train and over think it. The more you train, the more you are going to be prepared for it. Where people make mistakes, it's that they don't believe in the power of leg locks and foot locks and stuff. I mean, I was getting a little bit like that myself, but you know, in the Jiu-Jitsu community, you train everything. Leg locks, for years, a lot of people never figured out how to defend them because they'd be, 'Oh, I can't get caught at the high level.' Lately, the last couple of years, foot locks have made a huge comeback and there are some awesome technicians like Rousimar Palhares has proved. So, I think people going into a fight here just thinking, 'Yeah, well, you can't get me in that. I'll just turn out of it or twist put of it and pull my leg out or I will just punch him in the face or something.' Then they get their knee hurt. I'm aware of what I have to do and how dangerous those situations can be. That is something that will give me an advantage. He will feel it right away when he tries to grapple with me or go for my legs. They just won't be there, I will block and avoid, break him down and really frustrate him. I am going to surprise some people."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/1/299...sion-heel-hook
    Belcher has a lot to prove in this fight for sure but if he pulls it off it will be his biggest win ever as most of his UFC wins have been against washed up guys or just average guys.

I'm sure Belcher will be dumb and throw a kick, get taken down, and leglocked/heelhooked/sharpshooter'd.

Hoping for the upset though.

Paul has been seeing a sports psychologist to help him not be stupid in the cage. If a goofy Paul Harris tears legs off, then a focused Paul Harris is a scary scary man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

I think I have discovered the source of Paul's aggression. The guy clearly doesn't get laid enough.

Here is what he had to say in a translated interview:

Toquinho had grown into a very small town. He came to Rio de Janeiro to train BJJ and MMA.

The reporter asks why he never goes to the beach. Palhares says he was only 3 or 4 times because he is ashamed to wear swimsuit in public.

Paulinha (the reporter) says Toquinho's friends told her that there are more reasons..
    He reveals that he is shy when he sees women wearing only bikinis. He had only seen on television, but he thought it was a lie. He believed that women weren't with so little clothing in front of others.

The reporter asks if Toquinho is ashamed of something else.
    He then says he has a lot of shame when women asks him to take a picture with them. He said at these times, women say things that make him very embarrassed.
    He said that women think men are all alike. He said that his friends likes when women say these things. But he said he doesn't like. Because he is so ashamed that almost faints.
    Toquinho said it is difficult to get used to it!

^^^Awkward!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's adorable!