8 29.63%
  • Big by sub

0 0%
  • Big by dec

2 7.41%
  • Leben predicts HD will go for the sub so he can cut his hair

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I normally don't care where someone's from, or for an over abundance of "Can-Con" on the Canadian cards, but if there's one Canadian fighter I had my heart set on seeing on the Calgary card this July, it was the Ninja of Love (best nickname in MMA!). I couldn't really give less of a **** to see Nick "The Promise" Ring (worst name in MMA, /facepalm), who's probably a sure ****ing thing to see here in his home town.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If this were any other HW striker than Barry, I'd pick them over Johnson in a heartbeat, even if it were Hunt, Struve, or Kongo. Barry, though? He's gonna be quite a bit smaller here, and doesn't exactly provide an elusive target.

Big doesnt exactly float like a butterfly himself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

All my thoughts say that Barry's a much better striker, but he also finds a way to lose. I can't for the life of me see this one going the distance. Someone's getting KO'ed here. I can see Lavar landing first.

Barry wins and then he will give a horrible interview and start "owling" on the edge of the cage. Rogan will have to remind him he is about 8 months behind the trend.

I think this fight will end with Johnson "horsemaning" because his head will have been kicked clean off his shoulders.

This is a good match up. Both are strikers who I can easily see getting dominated by the other. I'm leaning towards Barry here though.
    Have you tried NOT being a mutant?
    *Iceman's parents in XMen 2*

If Johnson was just a LITTLE bit better than he is, I'd probably be making a wager on him. But being who he is, Barry by KO is the safe bet.

as someone posted on the sherdog forums.... barry will win via knockout only for an anvil to land on his head and knock him out

I won go near this fight prediction since lavar could end barry with a one or 2 combo....same can be said with HD

Johnson wins 60-65% of the time according to the beta-formula. He's an underdog on the lines, so bet profitably on Johnson.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heavyweight (265)
    [#47] Lavar Johnson (16-5-0) vs. [#50] Pat Barry (7-4-0)

Last 3 Fights: Lavar Johnson (1-2-0)
    2012-01-28: W vs. [#53LHW] Joey Beltran (14-7-0) via KO (Punches) in 4:24 of round 1
    2011-09-23: L vs. [#76HW+] Shawn Jordan (13-3-0) via Submission (Keylock) in 3:08 of round 2
    2011-02-12: L vs. [#51HW+] Shane del Rosario (11-0-0) via Submission (Armbar) in 4:31 of round 1
    Last 3 Fights: Pat Barry (1-2-0)
    2012-01-20: W vs. [#128HW+] Christian Morecraft (7-3-0) via KO (Punches) in 3:38 of round 1
    2011-10-01: L vs. [#20HW+] Stefan Struve (23-5-0) via Submission (Triangle Choke) in 3:22 of round 2
    2011-06-26: L vs. [#18HW+] Cheick Kongo (17-7-2) via KO (Punch) in 2:39 of round 1

Days Since Last Pro Fight: Lavar Johnson 98, Pat Barry 106
    Previous Match-up Record: No previous match-ups.
    Wins Against Common Opposition: Even: Both have 1 win(s) against common opposition.